FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

WTB a safe lock to practice manipulation!

<<

Railyn

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:37 pm

WTB a safe lock to practice manipulation!

I'd like to learn safe and vault manipulation.
I found a lot of information here on the forum so now I need to buy a lock to start learning on.
Maybe an SG 6700 series, or whatever you think would be best for this.
Does anyone have a used one they'd be willing to sell to me for under $30?
<<

CPT1911

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:17 pm

Re: WTB a safe lock to practice manipulation!

Railyn,

You can find them on Ebay in the $30's. A S&G 6741 is a good lock to start on. Here is one with a starting bid of $0.99.

I would expect it to sell for somewhere around $25-40.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/S-G-6741-group- ... _794wt_922

There are many others like it--just search around.

The S&G Group 2 locks are the best to start on in my opinion. I have tried lots of S&Gs, LaGard, Ilco, Mosler, and a couple Diebolds and I still think S&G is the best to start on because the CPs are pretty well defined.

You can use the search terms "Sargent Greenleaf" and usually find lots of locks on Ebay. The prices vary quite a bit, but you'll find one in the range you are looking for. I've purchased them for as little as $9.99. I also use the gixen.com ebay sniper service. Works very well. Just put in your max bid and wait for the auction to end. It fires your bid seconds before the auction ends. It's also nice because if you come accross something better before the auction ends, you never actually committed to buying the first item.

I am not sure if you have the tools/resources to build your own lock stand. You can buy one but the seem pretty expensive. Are you really in Sweden? If not, I will build you one from extra materials I have on hand. It may not be the prettiest in the world, but it will work. You will have to cover the cost of me shipping it to you, but it won't cost you anything more than that....although if you are in Sweden, I'm sure you are better off finding something locally.

Good luck!

P.S. this is probably a dumb question but are you a girl? My wife, JRoe, didn't think there would be many on here!
<<

Railyn

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:26 pm

CPT1911 wrote:Railyn,

You can find them on Ebay in the $30's. A S&G 6741 is a good lock to start on. Here is one with a starting bid of $0.99.

I would expect it to sell for somewhere around $25-40.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/S-G-6741-group- ... _794wt_922

There are many others like it--just search around.

The S&G Group 2 locks are the best to start on in my opinion. I have tried lots of S&Gs, LaGard, Ilco, Mosler, and a couple Diebolds and I still think S&G is the best to start on because the CPs are pretty well defined.

You can use the search terms "Sargent Greenleaf" and usually find lots of locks on Ebay. The prices vary quite a bit, but you'll find one in the range you are looking for. I've purchased them for as little as $9.99. I also use the gixen.com ebay sniper service. Works very well. Just put in your max bid and wait for the auction to end. It fires your bid seconds before the auction ends. It's also nice because if you come accross something better before the auction ends, you never actually committed to buying the first item.

I am not sure if you have the tools/resources to build your own lock stand. You can buy one but the seem pretty expensive. Are you really in Sweden? If not, I will build you one from extra materials I have on hand. It may not be the prettiest in the world, but it will work. You will have to cover the cost of me shipping it to you, but it won't cost you anything more than that....although if you are in Sweden, I'm sure you are better off finding something locally.

Good luck!

P.S. this is probably a dumb question but are you a girl? My wife, JRoe, didn't think there would be many on here!

Thanks for your answer :) I been looking around on ebay and I will defiantly keep searching there but still wanted to ask here since that would be a lot easier for me :)

Yeah, I am, I saw the present you made for her, very nice! :D
<<

Squelchtone

Post Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:36 pm

for a lock that sells new for $89.00 to $125.00 and usually keeps its value due to being a good quality product, $30 is a little on the low side.

This is the cheapest one I can find right now that you could Buy It Now on ebay: www.ebay.com/itm/251426542857

This is $35 and the shipping to Sweden is $48 www.ebay.com/itm/370973698217

If you like bidding on an auction, there is this one: www.ebay.com/itm/221354418079

You may also want the change key so you can set the combination so something different: (this is very well priced) www.ebay.com/itm/161109583364

If these sellers do not ship outside USA, maybe a friend here could buy it for you get it delivered inside USA, and then ship to you, and you send them Paypal $$$ US payment. This is how some of us here do it. Shipping for something like this from USA to Europe will probably be $30-$60 as well based on size x weight.

hope this helps,
Squelchtone
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:35 pm

Hej, Railyn. Hur mår du? Jag heter Gordon, och jag har några vänner där i Sverige. Linköping, Jonköping, Eskilstuna och Solna. Välkommen till KeyPicking.com! Jag bor i Arizona, USA.

Om du hittar ett lås, och behöver det levereras till dig, kommer jag gärna att hjälpa.

I am sure you are very good at speaking English, but this gives me an opportunity to practice my Swedish. :D

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Railyn

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:58 am

GWiens2001 wrote:Hej, Railyn. Hur mår du? Jag heter Gordon, och jag har några vänner där i Sverige. Linköping, Jonköping, Eskilstuna och Solna. Välkommen till KeyPicking.com! Jag bor i Arizona, USA.

Om du hittar ett lås, och behöver det levereras till dig, kommer jag gärna att hjälpa.

I am sure you are very good at speaking English, but this gives me an opportunity to practice my Swedish. :D

Gordon

Tack, hur tänkte du då dock ? :P
<<

CPT1911

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:55 pm

Hi Railyn. Have you found a lock yet?
<<

Railyn

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:33 pm

no :( I haven't :(
<<

flywheel

Post Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:41 pm

Du dumma barn och dina främmande språk.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:51 pm

flywheel wrote:Du dumma barn och dina främmande språk.

:lol:

From Railyn's point of view, we have the foreign language!

I have an extra Diebold group 2 lock, but it would not be the easiest lock to learn on. Will check with some friends and see what can be found, Railyn.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Railyn

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:25 am

I might be Swedish but I still prefer English...

I like a challenge, how much you want for that :)

Return to Buy, Sell & Trade