FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Master Key Controled COmbination Locks

<<

Lockman4783

Familiar Face

Location: United States Fostoria,Ohio Otherwise known as the Iron Triangle

Post Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:07 pm

Master Key Controled COmbination Locks

I am not exactly sure where to post this question, So if I am in the wrong place I apologize. I have a couple Master Combination locks, and what I am wondering is, On each lock there is a V60, V70 ect ect. I am under the impression that this sequence of letters and numbers indicates what control key is used for the lock? Would be this be correct? And if that is the case, than in theory a V60 control key should fit all locks with a V60 on the back right? And does anyone out here have any of these control keys? I have heard that you can order them off of masterlock.com, However if it is a restricted key, As they all are.. Without providing proof that this is registered to you, They will not issue you a key. I see sales of them on ebay with the sellers indicating that you can in fact obtain the key... Just trying to figure out if this is the case or not. And if anyone out here has any of these keys. As a collector I would like to find keys for these locks. I did find a key that is cut on an M3 blank that came with a Corbin lock I got, The key does not fit all the way into the lock as it is a 5 pin key, But somehow this key opens one of my master combination locks.

Thanks!
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:35 pm

Re: Master Key Controled COmbination Locks

You are correct in deducing that the V### is the code for the control key. In order to get one, you have to write to Master Lock, on your business letterhead, affirming that you are the owner of the lock(s), and requesting the number of keys you want them to send you.

They do it this way to keep students from obtaining control keys to the locks that belong to the school. Some locksmiths do have a few of the key blanks that are used for these. (I know of only three different key ways; but there may be more.)

Even if you were to find a locksmith who has the right blanks, it's like pulling teeth to get him to produce a key that is restricted. Hope this has answered your questions satisfactorily.
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

Lockman4783

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:58 pm

Thanks, I sort of figured that obtaining the keys from master would be next to impossible. It's good to know though that the coding on the back is for the control key. These are just locks I have in my collection, And trust me it's been a LONG LONG time since I was a student at school. None of the locksmiths here will duplicate control keys for these locks ether, as you have to have the key to duplicate in the first place... I guess my next step would be then to try and come across some bump keys for these keyways and see if that opens them. I do not have the combinations for the locks ether, But finding a key to a lock as all knows is like finding that last piece to a puzzle.
<<

keymaster1053

Post Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:47 pm

Well if all you want to do is be able to use them as locks, you can padlock shim them open and decode the combo by looking through the then open shackle hole. it won't get you the key, but you can still use it as a combo padlock. I had about four of those types of locks given to me before. What I did is sacrifice the worst looking one, gutted it, took the cyl. out, shimmed it open, and hand filed a working key. this gave me a key to the other three. :)
but if you only have one or two of a given control number, prolly not worth the time.
(20:10:59) Blacky: oki
(20:18:08) MBI: Me working for the CIA is about as likely as you working in the Middle East.
(20:19:01) Riyame: lol
(20:19:05) Riyame: he is in dubai
(20:19:26) MBI rescinds his previous comment
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:10 am

Send them to me: I'll decode them for you. I average about 10 minutes per lock.
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

Lockman4783

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:24 am

I am not so much worried about using them for any application or getting the combinations, It's more so in the lines of just wanting to have a control key to match the lock, I have 2 right now, one if a V60 and the other is a V70. I have found a key that opens the V60... Just not the 70. For some odd reason a key that I have for a corbin lock was cut on an M3 key blank, Though the control keys for these locks are only 4 pin, and this key is a 5 pin, it works with a little playing around. I would like to find the right blank though for these locks, As I can cross cut the key for my corbin lock onto the master blank. If I sent this lock to you do you think you could cut a control key for it?
<<

keymaster1053

Post Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:01 pm

yeah, if you have a key that you can fiddle with and make work, if you send me that and that padlock, I can make a working key for it. I also have I think a V64 key for mine. I can copy that for you too, if you just want the key.
(20:10:59) Blacky: oki
(20:18:08) MBI: Me working for the CIA is about as likely as you working in the Middle East.
(20:19:01) Riyame: lol
(20:19:05) Riyame: he is in dubai
(20:19:26) MBI rescinds his previous comment
<<

Kezo

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:33 pm

Has anyone had any success impression the cylinders to these? I tried a couple times in the past but it didn't work.
<<

Lockman4783

Familiar Face

Post Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:45 pm

I seen some guy make a key for one on youtube, You just have to remove the lock cylinder. I have added a V660, V51 And the 416, 419, and 415 keys for the American lock key controlled locks. If anyone else out here has any of these control keys and wants to trade let me know. I just gotta get a box of blanks. This has become my new obsession. Also looking for Corbin padlock keys, The 5 pin, same keyway as a Wilson Bohannan A keyway. If anyone has any for sale please let me know, As well as any kind of logo padlock (utility, Business, Railroad) I am a big fan of WB padlocks since they are made right here in ohio. But Collect Best, Corbin,Russwin.... Ect....
<<

Joe Momma

Familiar Face

Post Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:19 pm

Impessioning is a Biotch on these as some use top pins with a lip to make impressioning that much more difficult.

I have impressed a V63, & V62

The Only Blanks I have seen used on them are 1092C, 1092VA, & 1092VR

Return to Buy, Sell & Trade