FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

WTB: Picks

<<

edsmiley

Contributor - Research & Development Kingpin

Post Sat May 28, 2011 10:21 pm

WTB: Picks

Hello all,

As some of you might know, I am a pick whore. I collect picks just like I collect locks. So I was looking around at all the different kinds of picks I don't have yet and thought I would put up a thread seeing if anyone had any they were getting rid of. I would prefer hooks/diamonds, but if you have sets, I might be interested in those too, so let me know. Also, if you have any homebrew ones, I would be interested in those as well.

I am pretty good on HPC, KLOM, and Petersons. What I would like to get are as follows (not an exclusive list!):

Southord Max
Majestics
Lab
Rytan
Brockhage

Let me know what you have, I can probably dig up some locks to trade if you are interested.

Thanks,
Ed
<<

piotr

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat May 28, 2011 10:56 pm

Re: WTB: Picks

edsmiley wrote:Hello all,

As some of you might know, I am a pick whore. I collect picks just like I collect locks. So I was looking around at all the different kinds of picks I don't have yet and thought I would put up a thread seeing if anyone had any they were getting rid of. I would prefer hooks/diamonds, but if you have sets, I might be interested in those too, so let me know. Also, if you have any homebrew ones, I would be interested in those as well.

I am pretty good on HPC, KLOM, and Petersons. What I would like to get are as follows (not an exclusive list!):

Southord Max
Majestics
Lab
Rytan
Brockhage

Let me know what you have, I can probably dig up some locks to trade if you are interested.

Thanks,
Ed

Wow you are almost as much of a pick whore as I am. I have a bag of Majestics, when I send you your Falle-Safe style picks I will throw in some Majestics so don't by any.

Which ones are the Brockhage picks? I thought Brockhage just put there brand on other manufacturers products. Do you have a link?
<<

edsmiley

Post Sun May 29, 2011 12:35 am

Thanks Piotr! I appreciate it.

This is what I was thinking about for the Brockhage:

http://www.lockpicks.com/brockhage-lock ... -b230.aspx

Thanks
Ed
<<

piotr

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun May 29, 2011 1:50 am

edsmiley wrote:This is what I was thinking about for the Brockhage:

http://www.lockpicks.com/brockhage-lock ... -b230.aspx

Yes that is the Dino set (and I can swear I have it but can't find it). They are all made by a Taiwanese company called Rogan Industrial Company which stamps them with its own brand Dino but will also stamp them with whatever you like. AFAIK Brockhage does noes make its own tools they are all "badge engineered" Rogan tools.

Hope this assists you in your pick whoring :)
<<

edsmiley

Post Sun May 29, 2011 9:38 am

Thanks Piotr. That helps immensely!!

Ed
<<

KokomoLock

Professor Emeritus Of Lockpickology and Smithery

Post Sun May 29, 2011 10:01 am

So they are Brockhage, Dino and A1. I had a few of the A1 picks, if you are just putting them in your collection fine but just so you know if you use them the chrome plating does not last long, flakes off easily. Here is a link to the A1 set http://demanda1.com/product/premiere-ed ... -pick-set/
<<

WhitePicker

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun May 29, 2011 10:25 am

I have the 13 pick set majestics,
Like em but they do snap quiet easly ... Good thing they dont bend to far XD
<<

sandman

Post Sun May 29, 2011 12:47 pm

piotr wrote:They are all made by a Taiwanese company called Rogan Industrial Company which stamps them with its own brand Dino but will also stamp them with whatever you like

somebody should tell that to schuylar town lol, he could have been in business 8 months ago lol
<<

Kezo

Familiar Face

Post Sun May 29, 2011 3:42 pm

I've had co-workers that used those A1 picksets. The chrome plating really does flake off easily but the pick itself is pretty durable. The sets my co-workers used were all bent and twisted up cos they don't treat their tools right but somehow they can withstand a lot of abuse.
<<

edsmiley

Post Mon May 30, 2011 11:34 am

Thanks guys!

You have some good points. While I like to collect them, usability and durability should come into play. Some of the cheapie sets are priced right if they fall apart after a while, but some others are not.

Great comments and thanks again guys!

Ed

Return to Buy, Sell & Trade