FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

For sale: Abus Padlock Cutaways

<<

HiNtZ

Familiar Face

Post Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:52 am

For sale: Abus Padlock Cutaways

!!UPDATED!!

Latest batch of cutaway Abus padlocks will be available within the next two weeks. If you want one, say so and I will mark you down (I only have 7).

These are the new cuts and what you will be getting. A lot cleaner than the first & second generation I produced. The pin channels are actually milled out with a 1.5mm cutter instead of just milling down to expose the tubes. This makes it look a lot cleaner. It is also 'Full Cut', you can see every pin and spring in it, and even see your pick on the pin. It's a nice lock to have for a beginner as it's not overly hard to pick, the pins can be overlifted with comb picks, can be bumped and everything. :)

Cheers

HiNtZ
Last edited by HiNtZ on Sat May 02, 2009 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:04 pm

Re: For sale: Abus Padlock Cutaways

How much will you be asking for them - in USD?
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:15 pm

HallisChalmers wrote:How much will you be asking for them - in USD?

yeah, what he said...
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

HiNtZ

Familiar Face

Post Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:41 pm

I've got two comming in the post tomorrow morning hopefully. If they don't come, I'll have to go out and buy some.

But whatever happens, at least 1 will be on Ebay UK tomorrow evening! I will update you with details then. Then you can bid to what you want to pay for it. I might even do a special group buy for here only, lets see how the first few do.

Bare with me though guys, this will be happening 100%

Cheers,

HiNtZ
<<

HiNtZ

Familiar Face

Post Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:05 pm

Ello ello!

I got an auction for you lads ;)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0371290191

FREE P&P (uk) too! Can't say fairer than that ;)
<<

uklockpicker

The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor
The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor

Post Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:32 pm

watching with interset ;)
<<

HiNtZ

Familiar Face

Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:41 am

You and 8 other people at the moment!

This is totally new to me & I really dident know what would happen. I'd been monitoring another seller on Ebay for some months, and also screening the feedback of the buyers to his items to see their buying habits and interests & that's what gave me the push towards actually doing a few locks to test how popular they are. Judging by the fact that my Disklock Pro padlock cutaway is now at £72 indicates there is a market ;)

I feel a bit bad in the process of it all though for the other seller of cutaway locks since I've just barged right in with my cutaways and evidently have taken some interest away from his euro cylinder cut aways. But it is an open market, and I got to butter the bread..... all he has to do is get on what I'm doing and compete with me on price, which I have no problems with :)

Anyway, hopefully next week I'll have enough cash to get my own machine, which means I will be working with it from home as & when I feel the urge to cut some locks away. The first locks on the agenda are the EVVA 3KS rim cylinders with a half cut slug to show the sliders.... here's a pic to tantalise your taste buds :D

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/3306/cimg5725.jpg
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/4231/cimg5726.jpg

This is only the prototype, I still have some experimenting to do with widening the windows top and bottom to show a lot more of the lock inside. All I need to know from you lot is would you, if you were buying it for your collection prefer to have the slug in tact, or half cut (which would ultimately mean half of the locking mechanism is missing)?

Would be interested to see differn't views..... because if it's a 50/50 split I can do them to the buyers requirements.

Regs,

Spence
<<

frantic57744

Familiar Face

Post Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:13 am

they are really nice, someone mentioned them on ebay and yeah they certainly generate some interest i think the 1st one was
easily breaking the quid mark, they,d sell like hot cakes all day long ;)
http://www.youtube.com/user/frantic57744

A diplomat is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip.
<<

frantic57744

Familiar Face

Post Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:15 am

frantic57744 wrote:they are really nice, someone mentioned them on ebay and yeah they certainly generate some interest i think the 1st one was
easily breaking the quid mark, they,d sell like hot cakes all day long ;)

** 20 quid mark

A diplomat is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip.
<<

frantic57744

Familiar Face

Post Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:16 am

frantic57744 wrote:
frantic57744 wrote:they are really nice, someone mentioned them on ebay and yeah they certainly generate some interest i think the 1st one was
easily breaking the 20 quid mark, they,d sell like hot cakes all day long ;)

<<

HiNtZ

Familiar Face

Post Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:11 am

The Disklock pro cutaway went for £72! (Finger)
<<

MANDELBROT27

Familiar Face

Post Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:39 am

I dont really understand the concept.A cutaway padlock is for beginners to practice and understand the inners of a lock. (In the context of sport lock picking) So why would you want to spend £72 on a practice lock ?? You can buy the ultimate practice lock from the shop for £18.
For £72 you could buy a FEDERAL 730P or a CHUBB CONQUEST 1K22
Dont know if other members would agree but this site is about helping each other out, not making a killing.Thats why the shop is so cheap! Id stick to Ebay or maybe wait for EZpicking to return if all your interested in is making money from locks.
Hands up :oops: i suppose £20 is not bad but id still go for one made for the job for the reasons stated in your Ebay advert
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IT'S NOT GUNS THAT KILL,IT'S PEOPLE.
<<

HiNtZ

Familiar Face

Post Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:41 pm

MANDELBROT27 wrote:I dont really understand the concept.A cutaway padlock is for beginners to practice and understand the inners of a lock. (In the context of sport lock picking) So why would you want to spend £72 on a practice lock ?? You can buy the ultimate practice lock from the shop for £18.
Dont know if other members would agree but this site is about helping each other out, not making a killing.Thats why the shop is so cheap! Id stick to Ebay or maybe wait for EZpicking to return if all your interested in is making money from locks.
Hands up :oops: i suppose £20 is not bad but id still go for one made for the job for the reasons stated in your Ebay advert

Errr no mate, I don't know where you plucked these assumptions that I am in it for the money from? Why are you making an issue out of it anyway, is it because you are not interested in cutaways? Because if you're not, then why are you trying to pursuad people that buying cutaways is bad?

You say you can go and buy a Fed or a Chubb lock for the price someone paid for myAbloy cutaway.... but yo uare missing the point, they won't be cutaway will they? Not until someone like me comes along, buys said padlocks, cuts them away and offers them for sale to someone who might actually want a cutaway lock to show friends or on display if they are a collector.

As for 'I thought this site was for helping each other out' What do you want me to do anyway? Buy the locks, spend my valuable time dismantling them, then spend more time measuring for sometimes weeks on end to get the right cuts, then put them all back together, highly polish them, and give them away for free?

I think i've done enough for the community with my comprehensive HS breakdows of cylinders people could only lust for because of the costs.

And for the benefit of the people here (baring in mind I am new here and havn't had a chance to speak to many people yet) here are a few to tide you through until I can 'help you out' as Mr MANDELBROT apparently expects me and anyone joining the site to do when in fact he has probably not offered anything constructive whilst he's been here!

KESO Style breakdown
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/1882/k ... breakd.jpg

ASSA 6000 Twin breakdown
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/927/assatwin6000.jpg

People who arn't interested in locks don't do stuff like that ^ or do they? I don't know.... but since you think I am in it just for the money I might not bother sharing my material with people in the future.... just incase someone like you has a problem with it.

Anyway, please, just go away if you have nothing constructive to add to my thread because you evidently havn't thought about this have you?

P.s That second cutaway euro cylinder is the cheapest most nastiest peice of sh*t you can probably aquire for free because they are that rubbish. Go and pester the bloke on Ebay selling that crap for £25 average instead of giving someone like me who isn't afraid to adventure into cutting away insurance graded locks.

p.p.s If you'd have actually read my advert in full you would have seen that I stated the Abloys would be a nice 'COLLECTORS' lock, not one to 'practice picking' on (like was said in the OTHER advert for the Abus padlocks).... what sort of imbesil would want one of the most secure lock designs to date to practice picking on when they will almost certainly not have the tool (which costs £300) to pick it.

Think before you speak in future, it might stop you looking like a jelous prat.
<<

HiNtZ

Familiar Face

Post Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:03 pm

Now, lets start again......... here are the new batch, almost finished.

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/6116/cimg5735.jpg

Selling for £30 and postage to the UK is FREE. If you don't mind me making a little bit of money out of my hobby, then buy one. If on the other hand you have a right stinking attitude towards new members offering their services on this site then I suggest you join Mr Mandelbrots movement.....

Cheers :D
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:44 pm

MANDELBROT27 wrote:I dont really understand the concept.A cutaway padlock is for beginners to practice and understand the inners of a lock. (In the context of sport lock picking) So why would you want to spend £72 on a practice lock ?? You can buy the ultimate practice lock from the shop for £18.

Ok, I'll step into this pissing match and get my boots wet.

First of all, there is a misconception that a cutaway padlock is a practice lock.

This is incorrect.

A "cutaway" padlock can be a PRACTICE lock - but it can also be a COLLECTOR'S lock. I've seen many examples on eBay and elsewhere, such as the American Lock Collectors Association website.

http://alca.us/cutaway.php

http://alca.us/cutaway.php?aa=0&si0=16

Some of the best examples are factory cutaways done as salesman's samples by Yale, American, Best, etc. Finding one in pristine condition can fetch big bucks.

Others, crafted by hobbyists or other aficiondaos can range from expertly done - to chunks of brass that look like they've been hacked with an axe.

Mandelbrot, I don't think Hintz was trying to rip people off. His ad here is exactly what it is - an ad for cutaway locks that can be used for practice - or collecting, depending on the buyer's personal desire. Since, Hintz has put his samples on eBay - the bidders can decide what they want to pay for the item. If it's too much - don't bid. No guns to any one's head.

Personally, I wouldn't pay $100 for a set of matchbooks: http://cgi.ebay.com/EARLY-LOT-OF-32-CAR-GASOLINE-OIL-AUTOPARTS-MATCH-BOOKS_W0QQitemZ390005393364QQihZ026QQcategoryZ156501QQssPageNameZWDVWQQtcZphotoQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

But I bet you the poor dumb bastard that put the staples in the bottom of each matchbook wished he had been paid $100 to put the damn things together 50 years ago.

Unfortunately, many of us tend to overlook the hard work that it takes to create a one-off item. If we take into account the time, effort, head-scratching, cussing and discussing, parts and materials, etc., that it takes to create a piece - we'd be singing a different tune.

I've run into this same situation when people sell handmade picks. Just look at the work that Awol, Ratyoke and ToolyMcGee put into their lockpicks. Would you expect them to sell their stuff for the same price that Lockpicking.com sells their stuff?

Remember - nobody works for free.

BTW - That ultimate practice lock that you used as an example? I bought the damn thing from the guy on eBay for $55.
Next

Return to Buy, Sell & Trade