FAQ  •  My feedback  •  Feedback
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

WTB - Emhart High Security Interchangeable Core

<<

GWiens2001

User avatar

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Posts: 3611

Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:05 am

Location: Arizona, United States

Post Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:33 pm

WTB - Emhart High Security Interchangeable Core

Am looking to buy (or trade for) an Emhart or Corbin Emhart High Security Interchangeable Core. Preferably with a couple blanks or cut keys, but am willing to get it without keys or blanks if that is what is offered. Even without pins is not a problem, as I have a full pin kit.

Am referring to the Emharts with the interlocking pins.

A padlock to go with it would be great, but I'll take just the core itself, or in a mortise or rim cylinder housing.

Contact me via PM or email with offers to sell or trade. When I have aquired a core, will close and lock this thread. So if you can see this, I am still in the market.

Thank you,

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

mastersmith

User avatar

Contributor
Contributor

Posts: 572

Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 10:16 pm

Location: Miami Township, Ohio

Post Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:06 pm

Re: WTB - Emhart High Security Interchangeable Core

Gordon I'm sorry. I checked my Emhart cylinders and have no I/C. I have kik, rim and mortise. Most of them are 1 1/4" mortise. If that will do you any good we can talk! :???:
"All ye who come this art to see / to handle anything must cautious be...." Benjamin Franklin
<<

6275LA

Newbie

Posts: 6

Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:21 am

Post Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:28 am

Re: WTB - Emhart High Security Interchangeable Core

There is one on eBay at the moment. One is standard Corbin 59 series keyway and the other is Emhart high security.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/2-Corbin-IC-Cyl ... SwteRd1vf8
<<

GWiens2001

User avatar

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Posts: 3611

Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:05 am

Location: Arizona, United States

Post Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:28 am

Re: WTB - Emhart High Security Interchangeable Core

6275LA wrote:There is one on eBay at the moment. One is standard Corbin 59 series keyway and the other is Emhart high security.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/2-Corbin-IC-Cyl ... SwteRd1vf8


Interesting. I thought all the High Security ones used a two-pin control lug instead of a 4 pin. Wonder if the lock is a normal Corbin IC and they used an Emhart key with the same section. Will check it out. Thank you. :)

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

6275LA

Newbie

Posts: 6

Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:21 am

Post Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:19 am

Re: WTB - Emhart High Security Interchangeable Core

GWiens2001 wrote:
Interesting. I thought all the High Security ones used a two-pin control lug instead of a 4 pin. Wonder if the lock is a normal Corbin IC and they used an Emhart key with the same section. Will check it out. Thank you. :)

Gordon


Oh, I didn't think about that but you're right they are sort of backwards compatible in that an Emhart key would enter a Corbin standard keyway of the same designation. A quick look in the CR cylinder manual says that the control lug is only in positions 2 and 3 and this listing has the same control lug as the standard cores. Sorry I jumped on it too quickly... :(
<<

GWiens2001

User avatar

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Posts: 3611

Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:05 am

Location: Arizona, United States

Post Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:37 am

Re: WTB - Emhart High Security Interchangeable Core

6275LA wrote:
GWiens2001 wrote:
Interesting. I thought all the High Security ones used a two-pin control lug instead of a 4 pin. Wonder if the lock is a normal Corbin IC and they used an Emhart key with the same section. Will check it out. Thank you. :)

Gordon


Oh, I didn't think about that but you're right they are sort of backwards compatible in that an Emhart key would enter a Corbin standard keyway of the same designation. A quick look in the CR cylinder manual says that the control lug is only in positions 2 and 3 and this listing has the same control lug as the standard cores. Sorry I jumped on it too quickly... :(


No problem. I appreciate your bringing it to my attention anyway.

As a note of interest, I sent a message to the seller (who in the listing says to please ask questions) asking for a closeup of the keyway of the lock with the Emhart key with a light so I could be sure it had the interlocking pins. No reply or acknowledgement. :?

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

mastersmith

User avatar

Contributor
Contributor

Posts: 572

Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 10:16 pm

Location: Miami Township, Ohio

Post Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:37 pm

Re: WTB - Emhart High Security Interchangeable Core

Gordon, all the cores that I have are marked to differentiate them. They are stamped on the front of the core with Emhart. When I get home I will try to remember to get a pic of one for you.
"All ye who come this art to see / to handle anything must cautious be...." Benjamin Franklin

Return to Buy, Sell & Trade

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot]

Don't forget to visit our sponsors for all of your lockpicking needs!
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Grop
"CA Black" theme designed by stsoftware