FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

S&G 6709

<<

xxxceo

Post Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:27 pm

S&G 6709

Hi all, I’m new here. I just received an old Meilink safe missing the lock. I found out that it’s an old S&G 6709 which isn’t made anymore. Does anyone know where I can find one besides eBay? I checked there and the selection is pretty limited.
<<

MHM

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:37 pm

Re: S&G 6709

Hi, I'm not sure whether you're a lock enthusiast or not but unless you've got a REALLY good reason to want to do a restoration job on this safe and want to use all original parts, you'd be much better served putting a more modern lock on this. Can you tell us a little more about the safe and what you hope to do with it, and post some pics?

FWIW.

Best wishes,

Michael.
<<

xxxceo

Post Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:28 pm

I was in the market for a safe and a buddy gave me this one. I’m not really restoring it, I just want it to lock, so original parts aren’t necessary. The only reason I’m looking for the original lock is because I tried a 6730 and it didn’t fit. It was too large, the holes didn’t match, and the ext relocker was in the way. So it’s not about making it original by any means, just functional.
<<

TylerJThomas

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:29 am

xxxceo wrote:I was in the market for a safe and a buddy gave me this one. I’m not really restoring it, I just want it to lock, so original parts aren’t necessary. The only reason I’m looking for the original lock is because I tried a 6730 and it didn’t fit. It was too large, the holes didn’t match, and the ext relocker was in the way. So it’s not about making it original by any means, just functional.

If you are on Facebook, there are a few different safe/lock collectors groups. That will probably be your best bet. Keep in mind that some are open to hobbyists and some are restricted to professionals only.

Return to Buy, Sell & Trade