FAQ  •  My feedback  •  Feedback
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Looking for an Abus 83CS/80 (Rock) Anyone Anyone?

<<

MarkChapterThirteen

Newbie

Posts: 3

Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:22 am

Post Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:25 pm

Looking for an Abus 83CS/80 (Rock) Anyone Anyone?

Looking for a Rock, ya'll... Been looking for a while. Any leads for a nice used one would be appreciated.

TIA
<<

tpark

Contributor
Contributor

Posts: 213

Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:17 pm

Location: Alberta, Canada

Post Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:54 am

Re: Looking for an Abus 83CS/80 (Rock) Anyone Anyone?

MarkChapterThirteen wrote:Looking for a Rock, ya'll... Been looking for a while. Any leads for a nice used one would be appreciated.

TIA

This one is new, but on sale. With an adapter, a KIK core can be used. I've bought a number of these from Brockhage.

http://www.lockpicks.com/abus-rock-83-80-300-s2.html

Edit: If you're looking for one that takes SFIC cores, this is the wrong item.
Second edit: Ahh, I see it comes with a high security core - I should have looked first. That one new is very expensive, so I am not adding it to my collection any time soon.
Last edited by tpark on Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

GWiens2001

User avatar

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Posts: 3563

Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:05 am

Location: Arizona, United States

Post Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:13 am

Re: Looking for an Abus 83CS/80 (Rock) Anyone Anyone?

They make an 83/80 that takes an SFIC? Thought the only other model only took Scandinavian Ovals.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

tpark

Contributor
Contributor

Posts: 213

Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:17 pm

Location: Alberta, Canada

Post Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:25 am

Re: Looking for an Abus 83CS/80 (Rock) Anyone Anyone?

GWiens2001 wrote:They make an 83/80 that takes an SFIC? Thought the only other model only took Scandinavian Ovals.

Gordon

I believe you are correct, I did some research and my assumption was wrong. I think now that the ic designation means interchangeable core
83CS-IC/55 for example, does take IC cores.
<<

GWiens2001

User avatar

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Posts: 3563

Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:05 am

Location: Arizona, United States

Post Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:38 am

Re: Looking for an Abus 83CS/80 (Rock) Anyone Anyone?

tpark wrote:
GWiens2001 wrote:They make an 83/80 that takes an SFIC? Thought the only other model only took Scandinavian Ovals.

Gordon

I believe you are correct, I did some research and my assumption was wrong. I think now that the ic designation means interchangeable core
83CS-IC/55 for example, does take IC cores.


I've been known to make an error from time to time. In fact, think it is less common for me to get something correct. :D I just wanted to know if there was another model on the market, so I asked for clarification. ;)

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

tpark

Contributor
Contributor

Posts: 213

Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:17 pm

Location: Alberta, Canada

Post Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:29 am

Re: Looking for an Abus 83CS/80 (Rock) Anyone Anyone?

GWiens2001 wrote:
tpark wrote:
GWiens2001 wrote:They make an 83/80 that takes an SFIC? Thought the only other model only took Scandinavian Ovals.

Gordon

I believe you are correct, I did some research and my assumption was wrong. I think now that the ic designation means interchangeable core
83CS-IC/55 for example, does take IC cores.


I've been known to make an error from time to time. In fact, think it is less common for me to get something correct. :D I just wanted to know if there was another model on the market, so I asked for clarification. ;)

Gordon


Maybe I was really hoping that this existed. I didn't know that it was available in a model that took Euro cylinders. The new ones of the Euro cylinder 83/80 I've found online seem rather ... expensive. Now I know that they're available though, thanks to you :)
<<

macgng

User avatar

Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...
Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...

Posts: 972

Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:38 am

Location: MD, USA

Post Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:45 am

Re: Looking for an Abus 83CS/80 (Rock) Anyone Anyone?

the CS model is a concealed shackle... they are really only in europe in the 80 size and shrouded and only take a half oval (that ive seen). the S2 core is the same as the regular 83/45 model cores. :( id like a 80mm shrouded one in the S2 but doesnt seem like they make that
Nibbler: The poop-eradication is but one aspect of your importance.

Return to Buy, Sell & Trade

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot]

Don't forget to visit our sponsors for all of your lockpicking needs!
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Grop
"CA Black" theme designed by stsoftware