FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Any interest in these odd Taiwanese locks?

<<

jimylongs

Familiar Face

Post Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:44 pm

Any interest in these odd Taiwanese locks?

I'm looking at buying this set of 10 "TUBULAR" locks, but I don't want/need all 10. Would people be interested in on going in on this? The price averages out to $4.34 each and then a couple dollars to ship via a USPS "First-Class Mail Large Envelope". I'm not looking to make any money on this, just measuring if it would be worthwhile. I'm open to suggestions on shipping too.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Pad-Lock-3 ... 2125476235

Also, is anyone aware of a better source that has these for sale individually?
<<

Patrick Star

Post Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:33 pm

Re: Any interest in these odd Taiwanese locks?

Is there anyting particularly interesting about these that I'm missing or are they just another random Chinese disc detainer lock?
<<

jimylongs

Familiar Face

Post Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:08 pm

From what I can tell, they're not disc detainer or tubular... They're just something I don't personally have currently. I know, I'm not selling the idea very well. :???:
<<

UrbanHawk

Post Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:15 pm

As far as I know, these locks are pretty standard disc detainers - just not of the Chinese type. It looks like the retaining plate is not just a simple ring with a spring clip on a Chinese lock, it looks like it could be rekeyed like an American lock. This keyway is pretty standard for third party arcade game lock manufacturers in both China and Taiwan. If you're planning on purchasing some, I would be happy to take a few.
<<

greengrowlocks

Familiar Face

Post Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:01 pm

They look a little different from the standard issue Chinese disc detainer locks I have. If you get the bundle I would be interested in one if your willing to let it go.
<<

jimylongs

Familiar Face

Post Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:43 pm

Sounds like there are at least a couple interested, I went ahead and ordered. I'll post again when they come in the mail.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:56 pm

I'd be willing to get one from you.

It is a disc detainer lock. The keyway section is similar to the Abloy Profile locks.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

jimylongs

Familiar Face

Post Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:30 am

Thanks Gordon, this will be different than anything I have in my collection. Looks like I may have a couple extra, maybe it'll be worthwhile to cad/cam out a cutaway.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:22 am

jimylongs wrote:Thanks Gordon, this will be different than anything I have in my collection. Looks like I may have a couple extra, maybe it'll be worthwhile to cad/cam out a cutaway.

I’d definitely be interested in also buying a cutaway if you choose to make one! Me likely my cutaways! :D

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:32 pm

Abloy Profile knockoffs! The one Gordon has would be harder to make a pick for, due to the positioning of the lump on the profile but it's pretty damned close. I'm up for anything Abloy-esque, I'll have one.
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:34 pm

if there is any left I might be interested in one.
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.
<<

Jaakko Fagerlund

Post Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:52 pm

Count me in too for one if available :)
<<

jimylongs

Familiar Face

Post Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:20 pm

UrbanHawk, greengrowlocks, GWiens2001, huxleypig, Anarchy_won, and Jaakko, I'll let you know when they come in and I can get them back out. Thanks guys, this will be a bit easier to explain to my wife when I get the wtf look.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:50 pm

jimylongs wrote:UrbanHawk, greengrowlocks, GWiens2001, huxleypig, Anarchy_won, and Jaakko, I'll let you know when they come in and I can get them back out. Thanks guys, this will be a bit easier to explain to my wife when I get the wtf look.

:D Boy do I know THAT look!

Gordon
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:14 am

GWiens2001 wrote:
jimylongs wrote:UrbanHawk, greengrowlocks, GWiens2001, huxleypig, Anarchy_won, and Jaakko, I'll let you know when they come in and I can get them back out. Thanks guys, this will be a bit easier to explain to my wife when I get the wtf look.

:D Boy do I know THAT look!

Gordon

Dont we all? :D
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.
Next

Return to Buy, Sell & Trade