FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

False/Misleading eBay Listing

<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:33 pm

False/Misleading eBay Listing

Was looking on eBay, and came across this listing for a puck padlock.

The pictures show Medeco boxes, the listing clearly states "Medeco" three times, etcetera. Am working on resolving my dispute with the seller, but be aware that if you buy this puck lock, that there is absolutely nothing Medeco about it.

Here is what I received:

If you want to buy a Master puck padlock, then this is alright. But do not purchase it thinking you will get anything Medeco. Also, the seller does not combine shipping, so it is $15 per lock shipping.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:45 pm

Re: False/Misleading eBay Listing

It should be an easy case and you should get back the entire thing. If the seller wants them back he can pay you shipping.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

Pick-Fu

Familiar Face

Post Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:12 pm

Im pretty sure you can also get him for excessive shipping fees as eBay has a policy against it. He shipped in a Medium flat rate box that was only a bit over 12.00 so he is making money on shipping. turn it in and get your money back...
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:27 pm

Pick-Fu wrote:Im pretty sure you can also get him for excessive shipping fees as eBay has a policy against it. He shipped in a Medium flat rate box that was only a bit over 12.00 so he is making money on shipping. turn it in and get your money back...

The seller charged 2x for shipping, so Gwiens2001 actually paid $30 shipping.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:41 pm

Actually, already had the seller refund half the shipping when I caught the double-charge for shipping. He tried to justify it saying the locks were heavy, but I told him I do a lot of shipping and that a medium flat rate box costs a bit under $15, no matter the weight within the United States. So we were off to a rocky start already.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

flywheel

Post Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:39 pm

Wait. You're saying Master and Medeco aren't the same quality of lock? I've seen master shot with a gun. Has medeco ever been shot?
<<

Lauren

Post Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:54 pm

And the beautiful part is, you can still leave negative feedback even if you got a "full" refund. If the seller leaves negative feedback on you, call Ebay and they will remove it.
<<

Neilau

Post Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:02 pm

Off topic but....

Lauren is back !!!!!! :hbg:

Good to see you again. We have missed you.

On topic.

You shouldn't have any problems with ebay. Product was not as listed - end of story.

They are very fast is resolving (simple) disputes now.
Clark's Law (Arthur C)

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:37 am

Customer's response:

Hi Gordon,

parker.justin sent you a message about your request:

"Hello.The auction clearly says master lock as title and every where else clearly indicating its a master lock in medico box.I also refunded you 15.00 for shipping.you should have read the description. The medico keys reference was just added. Look at all the pictures and it only has master lock."

To reply now, see your request details.

If you have not agreed on a solution by Aug 11, 2016 , you can ask us to step in and help. If you and your seller need more time to work things out, your request will stay open until Sep 19, 2016.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:41 am

My counter reply:

I DID read the description. And part of your description is about Medeco keys. So you are saying that it is alright to just randomly add information about a completely different product than you are selling? In any court of law, that is false advertising and is a crime punnishible by law. And as the pictures show, there were no Medeco boxes. And there is no such thing as a Master 52-9 series lock. The 52-9 series lock is a Medeco lock, not a Master lock. So you were listing a Medeco part number under the main title of your product. Again, false advertising. The model number (right on the face of the lock) is model 6270/970. If you like, I can take a picture of the face of the lock with the model number, which is completely different from your listing of a 52-9 lock. These locks are NOT what you listed. I insist on a full refund.
<<

Random

Familiar Face

Post Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:19 pm

He just updated the listing and removed all the medeco references. I am Guessing that you'll be seeing a refund in your future.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:02 pm

He's offered to refund all but $25, and I keep the locks. Have decided to accept. This issue is closed as far as I am concerned, since he modified his listing to remove all mention of Medeco, as Random said.

Gordon
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:00 pm

nice one Gordon ... fuck him selling locks to people ..shame on him sellers like this really piss me off

Return to Buy, Sell & Trade