FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

WTB Medeco biaxial and ASSA Twin Combi

<<

LockManipulator

Post Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:25 pm

WTB Medeco biaxial and ASSA Twin Combi

Hey, I'm back after a really long hiatus. My skills need sharpening so I'm looking for a 6 pin Medeco Biaxial and an ASSA Twin Combi. An ASSA Twin 6000 would do too. Not sure what these go for anymore but give me a price you think is fair and I'll see. Thanks.
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:29 pm

Re: WTB Medeco biaxial and ASSA Twin Combi

You can find both here.
https://securitysnobs.com/Collector-Locks/
The locks pictured are rough looking. They posted those on the ad to give you a rough idea of what some of the average to worse looking ones are like. There is a chance you might get one a little more scratched, but judging from the locks I've seen from there, the odds are it'll be a little better looking than the ASSA Twin that's pictured there. I've seen a couple that looked almost new. I think it's a little more to get one with a working key, click on the ad to see the price options.

If nothing else, it'll give you a price baseline to compare. They can many times be found cheaper on eBay but you might have to buy a small lot to get a really low per-lock price, and/or be patient in looking for a good auction.
<<

LockManipulator

Post Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:34 pm

Thanks! I'm hoping someone will have a twin combi since I believe that site has the twin 6000. If not though, I'll probably just order the biaxial and twin 6000 from there.
<<

Robotnik

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:41 pm

I've purchased both the Twin 6000 and the Biaxial from them. Price was fair, and both proved extremely challenging. Both were master keyed, FWIW.
<<

LockManipulator

Post Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:49 pm

Thanks for the info. I just bought a combi and after I get my next paycheck I'll get the biaxial and twin 6000 from them I think. It seems like a nice deal.
<<

LockManipulator

Post Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:07 pm

Still looking for a combi, turns out I bought a v-10 instead.
<<

Jordo-

Post Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:18 am

Nice, i was also keeping my eye out for assa v10's... the building in currently stay in has a v10 kik on the front door, and a v10 mortise cylinder on the back, always wanted to play with them but they are not mine, and obviously in use.. Im also keeping my eye out for medicos and really want to get a best 6-7 pin sfic complete with control and operating keys... I was asked by the local police and firemen to demo one.. I'm kinda close to them as my mom works at the pd, and her boyfriend is the chief at the fire station..

If i come across any medicos Ill let ya know!
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:35 am

Jordo- wrote:Nice, i was also keeping my eye out for assa v10's... the building in currently stay in has a v10 kik on the front door, and a v10 mortise cylinder on the back, always wanted to play with them but they are not mine, and obviously in use.. Im also keeping my eye out for medicos and really want to get a best 6-7 pin sfic complete with control and operating keys... I was asked by the local police and firemen to demo one.. I'm kinda close to them as my mom works at the pd, and her boyfriend is the chief at the fire station..

If i come across any medicos Ill let ya know!

Nice of you to offer, Jordo. Glad to see you are not picking locks that are not yours or in use. You are a good example.

eBay is a quick source for locks. And just a note, Medico makes smoking pipes and pharmaceutical products. Medeco (from MEchanical DEvelopment COmpany) makes locks. Used to make that mistake myself a while back. ;)

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

tumbl3r

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:58 pm

I'd like a Twin Combi as well if anyone has a source for them. A Twin Pro would do fine too.
<<

LockManipulator

Post Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:18 am

I've never heard of a twin pro before. What is that? There's not too much information when googled.
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:59 pm

Take a look here - found a few PDFs.
https://www.google.com/search?q=assa+tw ... 8&oe=utf-8
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

tumbl3r

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:55 pm

I believe they are pretty similar to a V10. They have the chisel tipped finger pins, so they'll flop around on you. I've wanted to pick one ever since I saw xeo rek his in a vid.
<<

LockManipulator

Post Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:00 pm

Oh cool! And ah didn't see the pdfs Jeff, thanks.
<<

tumbl3r

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:02 am

This PDF https://toool.nl/images/d/dc/Assa-twin-part1.pdf has about the most info on them I've been able to find. It seems as if their claim to fame is a heftier key and really really tight keyspace control

Return to Buy, Sell & Trade