FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Wanted: Assa 6000/V-10 Space and Depth Keys

<<

Korver15

Familiar Face

Post Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:49 pm

Wanted: Assa 6000/V-10 Space and Depth Keys

Does anyone have the ability to code punch some Assa 6000/V-10 depth keys? If needed I can supply the blanks.
A wise man once told me I was a unique person. Just like everyone else. Korver15 Channel
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:02 pm

Re: Wanted: Assa 6000/V-10 Space and Depth Keys

Just FYI, while I've seen people who say they have successfully code cut ASSA Twin and V-10 keys using depth keys, the factory recommends against using D&S keys or even duplicating the keys and says all those keys should be cut on a code machine. Tolerances are pretty tight. Or at least that's what they told us in both the factory certification classes I've taken.
<<

Hugo Martel

Familiar Face

Post Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:08 pm

It will cost you an arm and a dick!!! Theses blanks cost around 10$$$ and there is 10 possible cuts so... 100$$$ a set.... still cheaper than the blitz...

Hugo Martel :circlip:
Random wrote: Here is my tip of the day "Do not fart while wearing overalls".
<<

Korver15

Familiar Face

Post Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:03 pm

MBI wrote:Just FYI, while I've seen people who say they have successfully code cut ASSA Twin and V-10 keys using depth keys, the factory recommends against using D&S keys or even duplicating the keys and says all those keys should be cut on a code machine. Tolerances are pretty tight. Or at least that's what they told us in both the factory certification classes I've taken.

So what do you think MBI, is it too risky or should I try it?
A wise man once told me I was a unique person. Just like everyone else. Korver15 Channel
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:34 pm

Korver15 wrote:So what do you think MBI, is it too risky or should I try it?

Considering the cost involved and how many duplicated high security ASSA keys I've seen that didn't work, I wouldn't waste the funds if it were me. But opinions are like assholes and I know there are probably people out there who would disagree with me. If you decide to do it, I'd suggest maybe looking into some of the Chinese blanks they're selling with a blank sidebar area that you can cut with a mill or sidewinder machine. Probably save you a bundle over the cost of OEM blanks. Assuming the Chinese blanks aren't crap. I've seen them online but haven't handled them so I can't vouch for them.
<<

Korver15

Familiar Face

Post Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:04 pm

Hugo Martel wrote:It will cost you an arm and a dick!!! Theses blanks cost around 10$$$ and there is 10 possible cuts so... 100$$$ a set.... still cheaper than the blitz...

I can get the blanks for around $4 +shipping from US lock so that is only $40 :mrgreen:
<<

Hugo Martel

Familiar Face

Post Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:27 am

damn its a good thing!! Try it I have duplucated assa twin keys on an ILCO 025 with success

Hugo :circlip:
Random wrote: Here is my tip of the day "Do not fart while wearing overalls".
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:20 am

Korver15 wrote:
Hugo Martel wrote:It will cost you an arm and a dick!!! Theses blanks cost around 10$$$ and there is 10 possible cuts so... 100$$$ a set.... still cheaper than the blitz...

I can get the blanks for around $4 +shipping from US lock so that is only $40 :mrgreen:

Do they have a sidebar milled in them already?
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

Korver15

Familiar Face

Post Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:37 am

jeffmoss26 wrote: Do they have a sidebar milled in them already?

Yes, but I am not planning on using them to duplicate side bars. I am finally investing in a key cutter this christmas but I just don't have enough money for a code cutting machine at this time.

Return to Buy, Sell & Trade