FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

ABLOY PROTEC RUSSIAN STYLE

<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Tue May 14, 2013 12:05 pm

ABLOY PROTEC RUSSIAN STYLE

Alot of us have seen this vid...but may not have seen the tool up close !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Tue May 14, 2013 12:07 pm

Re: ABLOY PROTEC RUSSIAN STYLE

Is that an enlarged frame from the video? Looks like a self impressioning tool.
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Tue May 14, 2013 12:14 pm

Correct xeo photo from vid enlarged..alot of poeple have claimed this vid was a hoax and bullshit...but looking at the tool up close it may be possible or plausible !
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Tue May 14, 2013 12:18 pm

Yeah, judging by his hand motions and when he pulls out the tool, I believe it is real. I wouldn't be surprised if he was contacted by Abloy and thus his silence on the matter. It would be pretty prestigious to be the first person to develop a tool that can open them. Perhaps they bought his silence.
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Tue May 14, 2013 12:19 pm

This also makes you wonder, if it is mechanically possible to impression the lock, then it must be mechanically possible to pick the lock, as binding force exists.

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

ARF-GEF

Post Tue May 14, 2013 12:22 pm

What does "walking the discs" mean?

BTW if I recall the mechanism correctly self impressioning would only be a help to decode it but you can't self impression a key right away.
If you turn the discs all the way until they bind, the impression will not be the correct key but it would be related to it.
Once the discs get stuck they have to be turned back a little bit in order to be able to finally turn into the correct position. So impressioning would only copy that position where the discs got stuck. But that is not the key biting just related to it.

(as always) correct me if I'm wrong.

So that means both of you think it's real?
I've just seen a new different kind of decoding tool at Multipick service, and now this. I mean it's unpickable for like 20 years then suddenly 2 methods to open it NDE in 2 months?

Protec used to be one of my favourites in my younger days (like 6 moths ago LOL) but that ridiculously low resistance against the milling bit just decimated my respect for it. :hammerodeath:
To infinity... and beyond!
=== WARNING DANGER OF TYPOS!===
Arfspeak: calnin cladycomes: you allow her key in themodning
Equals in plain English: cleaning lady comes: you allow her key in the morning
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Tue May 14, 2013 12:27 pm

He did do a second vid where he inserted a tool - key that must of been impressioned to open the lock also..this was not shown on the vid !
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Tue May 14, 2013 12:39 pm

IF ive learnt anything over the years people have laughed when ive said ive opened cheap discs locks with vibration alone...all the discs vibrating together moves them into position and they 100% come to a stop when the hit or make contact with the side bar !
This is a form of walking the discs together...ONLY THIS WOULD NOT WORK ON THE SIDEBAR OF ABLOYS unless a tool could be inserted and dicss walked passed the false notches
<<

ARF-GEF

Post Tue May 14, 2013 12:44 pm

How do you vibrate them ?
To infinity... and beyond!
=== WARNING DANGER OF TYPOS!===
Arfspeak: calnin cladycomes: you allow her key in themodning
Equals in plain English: cleaning lady comes: you allow her key in the morning
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Tue May 14, 2013 12:54 pm

I have spoken to the creator of this tool and he assures me it is real and opens the locks and told me that the technique is difficult to master at first. He was also rather guarded about the whole thing.

I think I have worked out how the tool works because I am making a tool for the abloy classic and after seeing that video again his movements make sense and is just like my classic tool. So I also think it would work for the exec profiles and (as seen above) the protec.

Good job on blowing that image up Ringo, I've paused that video many times trying to see what it looks like!

Regarding cheap disc detainers, I opened my cheap one for the first time the other day using normal picks after seeing Solomon doing it. I then completed the homebrew disc detainer pick I made a long, long time ago for the Abus Granit (and newer versions) and opened it it a few times with that too now. So long as you get the binding disc they certainly do stop dead when they hit the sidebar so vibrating them would work.

I have recently been looking at making a Tibbe type pick for these cheap detainers (7 discs I think). A normal tibbe pick could be adapted for the job too but I do not want to destroy mine (actually, I've got 3, why the hell not do it to the cheap one?). A 7th disc can be added to the bottom and used for tension without having to squeeze into the keyway like the other 6. I think this tool would be most effective for them but not how the tool in the OP is working.
<<

houdini1

Familiar Face

Post Wed May 15, 2013 12:59 pm

have got the tool video met the inventor in poland he also is the same person who makes the turbo picks for cars and it works the same way the price i got wait for it 9600 euros nearly 10 grand 2 day training and accodation and flights to bulgaria he has put them on hold at the moment as they are very fragile.

Return to Uncommon Tools!