FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Medeco EPG

<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:36 pm

Medeco EPG

Found this on another forum, very cool stuff. No details on who made it or anything but it's a nice bit of eye candy. Here is the patent.

:drool:
<<

bouncer965

Post Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:39 pm

Re: Medeco EPG

Very nice looking, but the big question is DOES it WORK?????
[“A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.”.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bouncer965
<<

uklockpicker

The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor
The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor

Post Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:40 pm

That looks a pretty nifty tool - nice find Sol
<<

chris

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:44 pm

Pretty cool tool, i'd like to see it in action.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs...
See those kids standing by the lake...drop some napalm and watch them bake.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs.
<<

KokomoLock

Professor Emeritus Of Lockpickology and Smithery

Post Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:04 pm

I had one about 14ish years ago. They never did work like claimed. Locksmith Ledger took one around to a bunch of ALOA meetings and no one ever opened anything with it that I heard of. It cost like 700.00 it was made by a company out of Vegas that also sold the bristle "toothbrush" picks, I will think of the company name shortly. The tool itself was really well made and heavy duty. It came with about 30ish tips for different locks and claimed to open Medeco. People are always looking for a shortcut, if they worked and did what they said we would all still have em. Pickmaster was the company and they went out of business a long time ago, probably issuing refunds to a lot of people.
<<

bouncer965

Post Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:06 pm

On looking at it i would suggest that it would be a good idea for setting the rotation of the pins but cant see how it would be able to set the pins. Unless of course it does up-down motion too but then surely that would unset the rotated pins. Just my thought.
[“A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.”.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bouncer965
<<

escher7

Post Thu May 02, 2013 9:24 pm

I think this machine would set the pin height. The back and forth movement would act like a bump key. Still, the movement would likely be too much all at once unless you got lucky. The double action does have promise for a manual pick that would rotate the pins.
<<

rai

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun May 12, 2013 9:52 am

As I look at the blades on the epg, they are cut straight across, and to me this is a flaw that would make it harder for the tool to rotate the chisel tips,

imagine if the cuts on that tool were angled so that the part of the blade that contacts the pin was on the outer edge of the blade pair on both sides

as it is, the inner edge will contact the chisel tip near the center of the pin,

you would simply get more positive rotation of they were cut so that the pins were struck further to the sides of the chisel tip
all that would be needed is to bevel those blades so that the outer edges strike the pins. this would make the pins rotate better.

if not beveling, even rounding those 90 degree edges should help move the contact points further from the center line
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sun May 12, 2013 3:17 pm

It looks like you could use it for hedge trimming. what does it do to the pins?

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.

Return to Uncommon Tools!