FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

HPC key cutter mystery tool

<<

DIY Dave

Familiar Face

Post Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:09 pm

HPC key cutter mystery tool

This tool was discovered this morning while I was digging through some old lock parts at the shop. It appears to be a key cutter, but it's not clear what type of key it's made for. There are markings on it that may be spaces and depths. I think it might be missing some parts also.

If anyone knows about these I'd appreciate the information. No one at the shop seemed to know about it.

Here's the tool
Tool.jpg

Markings on the head
Markings on head.jpg

Close up on markings.jpg

Markings on the handle
Number markings on handle.jpg

Spring loaded jaw
Jaw.jpg

Spring loaded.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

mastersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:12 pm

Re: HPC key cutter mystery tool

It's just a guess, but I'm going with Schlage wafer. The "A" & "W" blanks. If your machine has no adjustment for depth, then I'm realy convinced. A lock shop probably has blanks, see if a blank will clamp in there.
"All ye who come this art to see / to handle anything must cautious be...." Benjamin Franklin
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:37 pm

mastersmith wrote:It's just a guess, but I'm going with Schlage wafer. The "A" & "W" blanks. If your machine has no adjustment for depth, then I'm realy convinced. A lock shop probably has blanks, see if a blank will clamp in there.

Given the markings on it I'd say that's probably your best bet. Granted, I have no doubt that mastersmith knows an awful lot more about the subject than I do and doesn't need my validation, but there's my two cents anyway.

I have a key punch of a different design for Schlage wafer locks. I can't remember if it's made by Schlage or someone else. I'd have to dig it out of storage to check for a manufacturer's mark on it.
<<

C locked

Familiar Face

Post Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:10 am

Having looked at the spacing labels
Definably for the a and w schlage
<<

Squelchtone

Post Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:49 am

"everything is obvious, once you know the answer"