FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

My emergency set

<<

Jinglesanator

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:36 am

My emergency set

Since I am STILL not allowed to get even a dremel.... I have to settle for this as my emergency set.

emergencyset.jpg

It's 3 random rakes, a short hook, a long hook, and a tension wrench made out of a pen clip. EDIT: also a half diamond

(Picture sucks I know)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Keep on Pushin'
<<

GutterClown

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:39 am

Re: My emergency set

Uhh, what do they open.
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:57 pm

Jingles... did you heat some of the paper clips? I assume not to make them easier to bend, so that must mean you were trying to harden them, right? That's not going to hurt or help, because when push comes to shove they are still only paper clips. Try safety pins if you must. They are slighty less likely to bend and snap off in a lock.

They are nifty looking, and I don't doubt 3 of them might work once(s.hook, reach hook, and maybe the small peak rake) but mostly they are a good way to jam a lock with a paper clip. I think you know that, and that's why they are an "emergency" set.

You do have the finest set of Scooby Doo paper clip lock picks I have ever seen though, and if nothing else they are good for a grin. That's cool too.

-Tooly
<<

ratyoke

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:25 pm

They are your emergency set? What is your normal set?
<<

m0ose

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:44 pm

Looks like a good paperclip set, however...

In my own opinion, being only paperclips, your grooves may be a little too deep. When making rakes out of paperclips you want to make sure that when you rake, pins won't lodge and bend your tools. Using less deep bends may help in the length and durability of your tools.

Also, huge huge huge note! Never bend your clips too close to the breaking point, and make sure to use super light tension! If you bend your clips too much and use them to hard, they have a tendency to snap off inside the lock. I doubt I have to explain any more than that, but lets just say, small round pieces of metal stuck inside of your locks is not good.
<<

Jinglesanator

Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:43 am

Forgot to add, this set is only to open my front door (shit ass lock) if in case that my house key falls off of my wallet somehow! :mrgreen:

Ratyoke: My actual set is...

IMG_0284.jpg

The ones that work are the big half diamond, short hook, and a snake rake, the other wiper insert picks were bending and became unusable.

M0ose: Yeah, once I see a little tear at one of the peaks, I usually throw it out, and thanks for the tip!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Keep on Pushin'

Return to Home Brew