FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Something's Missing?

<<

coldrake

Familiar Face

Post Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:38 pm

Something's Missing?

IMG_20141210_175351.jpg

Looks like I've only got three out of four picks there. I made these over the summer, but until now they were (essentially) unfinished pieces of metal that did the job for the most part, and only occasionally cut my hands. But no more! I've taken a bit of time to run them through the ol' polishing book and give them some snazzy rubber handles. However, I don't have the fourth pick...

So this Saturday, in celebration of the fact that I will have finished the last of my finals by then, I will be making a half diamond pick to round out the set of picks to a square number. Why would I tell you this? Because I plan to broadcast it this Saturday at 1PM PST on the Google Hangout thing that I always drag on about, so all of you can see a chunk of metal turn into a pick-shaped piece of metal, then into a shank, and back into a nice and polished pick, complete with handle! I don't have any fancy tools, but the end results look pretty nice:

IMG_20141210_175718.jpg

At the end, I'll post and album of the finished set and the creation of the picks, so look forward to that as well.

Hope to see you Saturday!

-Colin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:11 pm

Re: Something's Missing?

Looking forward to seeing that this Saturday seeing that I now have a Computer with Webcam in my shop. (hope to be on this weekend to show off some of my latest lock ;) and my little shop. )
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.
<<

coldrake

Familiar Face

Post Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:02 pm

Good to hear AW! We'll be starting in an hour for anyone interested, and I'll post the link to the Hangout here, so that everyone may join.

-Colin

NinjaEdit with the link: https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/g7vc ... v3ikcvmpya
<<

Doogs

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:43 am

Hey Colin sorry I didn't stick around but the PC started acting up and I was trying to keep an eye on a couple of auctions.

So did you get her finished it was coming along nicely from what I could tell?
The other, other, other, other Mike

(21:55:20) HAL 9001RC:: Heh heh uh heh uh heh uh uh heh PhoneMan said ass
<<

coldrake

Familiar Face

Post Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:48 am

Doogs wrote: So did you get her finished it was coming along nicely from what I could tell?

Unfortunately, not too long after you left, I tested the pick in a lock and realized it was a bit too thick to navigate most keyways... Maybe I should have checked that before!? Anyways, at least now I have a lot of stock for tension wrenches, since it ought to work well for that purpose instead.

Thanks for coming though!

-Colin

Return to Home Brew