FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Dimple Pick (1st attempt)

<<

Doogs

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:46 pm

Dimple Pick (1st attempt)

Banged this out last night when I realized the Klom isn't going to work on the EC75. Crude prototype (P1) as I didn't want to spend too much time on it unless it worked. Some problems I've noted for correction in P2 are: the flag is just a little short and the shaft is too flexible when trying to find the false sets. I'll need some thinner stock as I filed .003 off of the thickness so it's around .022 presently which seems close so between .018-.021 should be good.

I ordered a set of Gosos' from Lock Pick Canada so we'll see what happens first.
The other, other, other, other Mike

(21:55:20) HAL 9001RC:: Heh heh uh heh uh heh uh uh heh PhoneMan said ass
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:50 am

Re: Dimple Pick (1st attempt)

Nice job...Have you tested it yet?
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

Doogs

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:13 pm

I screwed around with it a bit but I'm not happy with it doesn't seem to manipulate the pins deep enough dimple needs to be a couple hundredths longer the shape seems to work well though. Oh and like I said earlier the shaft right at the shoulder/neck whatever is too flexible so I'll have to beef it up a bit. I need to get into Kingston and find some good pick stock somewhere or start stealing windshield wipers LOL.

Also my GOSO dimple picks showed up this morning...NOT IMPRESSED. half of them are identical and they are crudely made out of what I assume is spring steel similar to the Sparrows Shank and about the same thickness. hang on I'll mic them and send a pic.

I don't know if you can notice just how overall crappy they are but I'll keep them and see if I can turn them into something usable. Thickness as you can see mic'd out to .0482 crazy ass thick for a pick, you may also not the machining marks on the back and inside of some. Don't get me started on the handles they are precisely as described on the LPC website. Now that I've totally got bummed over these they will be going back.
The other, other, other, other Mike

(21:55:20) HAL 9001RC:: Heh heh uh heh uh heh uh uh heh PhoneMan said ass
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:53 pm

Wow, I had to do a double take there, my 1st dimple pick was like this. I put the ball-end POS in a vice and made it into a 'U' shape. Worked for me, for a while anyway. Nice job.

Return to Home Brew