FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Homemade IC Core Tension Tool

<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:57 pm

Homemade IC Core Tension Tool

Have been trying to pick a few Best padlocks to control and have been having a hard time. I even made this tool and I am not sure if it even works because of the way it is angled when in the lock. The little teeth do fit well into the chamber holes and to catch on but I think they are making the plug rotate to operating. I will admit, I have not yet successful picked any of the padlocks with this tool to operating so perhaps it is working. The padlocks work as picking them TOK is no problem but I WANT THOSE DAMN CORESSSS, lol

Any advise or tips on this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

macgng

Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...
Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:16 pm

Re: Homemade IC Core Tension Tool

i have the real peterson i-core tools and i've only got operating...

either way it looks like you did a good job at making it.

we should both keep at it and hope for a miracle ;)
Nibbler: The poop-eradication is but one aspect of your importance.
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:54 pm

Mac, you just killed all my hope for this tool lol
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:12 pm

Have the Peterson I-Core tension wrench, too. Have had just as much success with a normal tension wrench.

Working on a few 'control' tension wrench ideas. That said, in theory, each of the designs should work. In reality... not so much. If any of my not-so-bright ideas actually work out, will post them here.

Glad you are taking the initiative, Papa. Let us know if any idea works out for you.

Good luck,

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

keymaster1053

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:39 pm

Papa Gleb wrote:Have been trying to pick a few Best padlocks to control and have been having a hard time. I even made this tool and I am not sure if it even works because of the way it is angled when in the lock. The little teeth do fit well into the chamber holes and to catch on but I think they are making the plug rotate to operating. I will admit, I have not yet successful picked any of the padlocks with this tool to operating so perhaps it is working. The padlocks work as picking them TOK is no problem but I WANT THOSE DAMN CORESSSS, lol

Any advise or tips on this?

my only advice would be to take an empty core in your hand, and put the tool in, and make sure the "fingers" aren't going THROUGH the sleeve and catching the holes on the bottom of the core itself, as that would prevent any movement even if the pins are at the control shear line.
If that happens, it's like nailing Jello to a tree, it ain't gonna happen!!! :P
(20:10:59) Blacky: oki
(20:18:08) MBI: Me working for the CIA is about as likely as you working in the Middle East.
(20:19:01) Riyame: lol
(20:19:05) Riyame: he is in dubai
(20:19:26) MBI rescinds his previous comment
<<

VancouverSpecial

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:01 pm

If you haven't read Xeo's excellent thesis on 'Forcing BEST Locks to Control' then check it out:
Forcing BEST Locks to Control

It's a great article but be aware that he's on another planet when it comes to picking skills - thus, for mere mortals such as myself it will take awhile to absorb. However, I have picked 3 of my Best's to control on multiple occasions, but not at will nor with the prior intention of one or the other (i.e., operating/control).
Cheers,
Sean

edit - fixed the link and other brain-malfunctions in my post
<<

shadowlock

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:08 am

I wonder if that tool would work on a Primus?? It kinda looks like the one that Tooly Mcgee uses in his Primus picking videos. I sure would like one of those.
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:33 pm

Gordon keep me posted when your ideas come to life.

The teeth of my tool are small so they dont catch against anything but the control sleeve.

Yes I have read Xeo's article. Actually have it printed out lol.

Return to Home Brew