FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Abloy Classic Tool (that works!)

<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:17 pm

Re: Abloy Classic Tool (that works!)

Man, that is sweeeeet! You are gifted, Hux.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Alaphablue

The only difference between me and this crazy island is that I'm a madman!
The only difference between me and this crazy island is that I'm a madman!

Post Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:15 pm

Ok hux how much and were do I send it :whip: not joking
<<

houdini1

Familiar Face

Post Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:23 am

i have one they are the dogs boll they do 7/10/11 disk very well made
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:27 pm

Alaphablue wrote:Ok hux how much and were do I send it :whip: not joking

Hey AB. I am finding that most of my time is mainly spent making various components of this pick! The process is improving (both in terms of quality and speed) but once the current batch is done I will be making them to order. Send me a PM AB, we'll sort something out.

To be honest, I never went into toolmaking to make myself rich (never gonnna happen), I did it for the challenge and self-fulfillment. However, there are a lot of other tool makers out there who would gladly profit from my ideas. Without the backing of mass production (requires $$$) and another pile of $$$ for other associated bullshit then you WILL get shafted.

Luckily the Abloy Classic pick was only ever a side-project, all of my best ideas are still to come...but you won't be hearing about them here. In fact, it's a shitty dichotomy, how to you publicise your tools without getting fucked? Because without publicising them you'll never sell any...
<<

Doogs

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:35 pm

Hey Hux I hear you on the ripoff artists! One thing about publicizing is you can prove 'prior art' but as you well know there are less than honourable types out there in the world who don't give a shit about such things as patents or they will make some goofy chamge of the smallest sort and say it's a diff. product.

Anyway hope you have better luck (financially) with your other endeavors and be sure to get a legal record of anything you produce so that you may get that "Golden Egg" for your hard work .
The other, other, other, other Mike

(21:55:20) HAL 9001RC:: Heh heh uh heh uh heh uh uh heh PhoneMan said ass
<<

jones

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:15 pm

huxleypig wrote:
Alaphablue wrote:Ok hux how much and were do I send it :whip: not joking

Hey AB. I am finding that most of my time is mainly spent making various components of this pick! The process is improving (both in terms of quality and speed) but once the current batch is done I will be making them to order. Send me a PM AB, we'll sort something out.

To be honest, I never went into toolmaking to make myself rich (never gonnna happen), I did it for the challenge and self-fulfillment. However, there are a lot of other tool makers out there who would gladly profit from my ideas. Without the backing of mass production (requires $$$) and another pile of $$$ for other associated bullshit then you WILL get shafted.

Luckily the Abloy Classic pick was only ever a side-project, all of my best ideas are still to come...but you won't be hearing about them here. In fact, it's a shitty dichotomy, how to you publicise your tools without getting fucked? Because without publicising them you'll never sell any...

I would think that sharp looking, clear pictures of your tool are definately out!
I would guess a you-tube video showing your pick in action, where nobody can clearly see exactly how it works would be a help and then
perhaps approaching folks like Hawley Locksmithing Supply, Lockmasters & Mark Bates and offering them a special low-price to stock a certain
amount of your ever-expanding specialty lock picking tools could be a good start. You also need a patent search and lawyer $ unless you can prove
You created the tool. Actually I would think the postings you have made on here, since the inception of your pick will go a long way in proving the
design is indeed Yours
<<

huxleypig

Post Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:13 pm

Part of the reason for posting it on here and LP101 is so that I can point to a trail of evidence (as well as private pics/vids, all timestamped). I can prove prior art, so anyone else should be able to do so too.
<<

huxleypig

Post Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:35 am

The pick part of the Abloy Classic (standard) is now done with. Here is the one I made for myself (only the grub screws on the handles no longer stick out):

It has a handy adjustable clicker to positively locate the discs.

It opened an unknown 11 disc Classic the other night, which was very satisfying!

The High Profile pick(s) are on their way.

Also, I am not yet done with this lock... :twisted:
<<

MrAnybody

The Muffin Man
The Muffin Man

Post Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:12 am

Beautiful work, Hux. Very cool to see a pic like that. No doubt, there's a huge amount of satisfaction in work like that.

More, more, show more !!

MrAnybody's Locks

DISCLAIMER: Reader may posit an understanding of what was written, while this may not coincide with the intended meaning of what is read. Use of brain is required. No purchase necessary. One size fits all, and may contain traces of gibberish.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:38 am

Just..... wow.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

Jaakko Fagerlund

Post Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:59 pm

Wizer wrote:Be aware of the China men copying it. See what happened with Jaakko Fagerlunds pick for Abus. Its now sold everywhere and the guy has propably got nothing out of it.

Well, I was not the first one to design a tool for the ABUS, but I might have been the one who sold it "publicly" and ABUS bought one and redesigned their locks :) True that around the same time or later on the cheap mass producers started selling their versions of the tool, especially the one that looks like original Falle tool with the black handle.

But nothing comes close to the quality and durability that I can do ;)

huxley, well done on the tool, been a bit busy lately and haven't had time to email you to ask of any news, but this thread came up in a related search and thouht to give it a once-over again and saw that you have done a few new versions :) The design is simple and works, as proved, I like it! Might sme day have to make one similar for myself and adapt from the ABUS picks that I'm making at the moment.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:24 pm

Jaakko Fagerlund wrote:
Wizer wrote:Be aware of the China men copying it. See what happened with Jaakko Fagerlunds pick for Abus. Its now sold everywhere and the guy has propably got nothing out of it.

Well, I was not the first one to design a tool for the ABUS, but I might have been the one who sold it "publicly" and ABUS bought one and redesigned their locks :) True that around the same time or later on the cheap mass producers started selling their versions of the tool, especially the one that looks like original Falle tool with the black handle.

But nothing comes close to the quality and durability that I can do ;)

huxley, well done on the tool, been a bit busy lately and haven't had time to email you to ask of any news, but this thread came up in a related search and thouht to give it a once-over again and saw that you have done a few new versions :) The design is simple and works, as proved, I like it! Might sme day have to make one similar for myself and adapt from the ABUS picks that I'm making at the moment.

Just wait until you see what he has in the works at the moment ;)
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

Jaakko Fagerlund

Post Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:02 pm

Riyame wrote:Just wait until you see what he has in the works at the moment ;)

Same could be said about me too ;) I'm prepping some new tools for next LockCon and to be shipped to a couple of testers, both of which are better and cheaper than what is available currently.
<<

Marduk28

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:11 pm

Looks damn awesome Hux!

I know that when you start to sell them many people on Keypicking will be happy customers!
<<

keymaster1053

Post Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:22 pm

huxleypig wrote:The pick part of the Abloy Classic (standard) is now done with. Here is the one I made for myself (only the grub screws on the handles no longer stick out):

It has a handy adjustable clicker to positively locate the discs.

It opened an unknown 11 disc Classic the other night, which was very satisfying!

The High Profile pick(s) are on their way.

Also, I am not yet done with this lock... :twisted:

DAMN!!! Hux, you Da Man!!! add me to the list of classic customers. :D
(20:10:59) Blacky: oki
(20:18:08) MBI: Me working for the CIA is about as likely as you working in the Middle East.
(20:19:01) Riyame: lol
(20:19:05) Riyame: he is in dubai
(20:19:26) MBI rescinds his previous comment
PreviousNext

Return to Home Brew