FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Abloy Classic Tool (that works!)

<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:46 am

Re: Abloy Classic Tool (that works!)

cocolitos wrote:I have seen this tool at Lockcon 2016 in netherland...

It works...very good design than the chinese tool !!

Safeventures make this tool :

It may well still be made in China, I suspect it might be. I hear it breaks easily too..

This tool also free-spins, making it very easy to disturb set discs (operator overextension error). Finally, the tool is rear tensioning which is inferior (if you are right handed) and it also means that the tool does not have noses to centralise the pick, making using it much harder. Oh yes, it is also much more expensive. And I release mine first. :smile:
<<

Jaakko Fagerlund

Post Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:05 am

Riyame wrote:
cocolitos wrote:Yea, that is the Chinese company that supposedly ripped of Hux's design. They came out with it shortly after he made his videos public.

Don't know for sure, but I did find that colorful little tool from DCode's website prior to seeing huxleys version and I believe that hux may hae done his invention separately without knowing about the tool, from what I remember talking about it.

Anyway it is, huxleys tool is much more sophisticated in terms of usability and just works :)
<<

huxleypig

Post Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:56 am

Jaakko Fagerlund wrote:
Riyame wrote:
cocolitos wrote:Yea, that is the Chinese company that supposedly ripped of Hux's design. They came out with it shortly after he made his videos public.

Don't know for sure, but I did find that colorful little tool from DCode's website prior to seeing huxleys version and I believe that hux may hae done his invention separately without knowing about the tool, from what I remember talking about it.

Anyway it is, huxleys tool is much more sophisticated in terms of usability and just works :)

That's pretty much it. My tool made the D-Code one go from restricted to public.
<<

nozza36

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:13 pm

Hello Hux'
Open Sez Me !
<<

huxleypig

Post Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:26 pm

nozza36 wrote:Hello Hux'

Jesus, you're on the list man. :smile: Don't hold your breath though, I find very little time to do anything at the moment.
<<

safeventures

Post Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:37 am

huxleypig wrote:
Jaakko Fagerlund wrote:
Riyame wrote:

That's pretty much it. My tool made the D-Code one go from restricted to public.

Just to add some corrections to this thread...the colourful tools is a copy of its original which has been around since at least 2007. The brass version is still produced along side the alloy one, it all depends on customer preference.
The colourful one has always been made in the UK. The engineer was assessed on his past work, tooling and knowledge as well as the fact he's a top bloke. The tool does not break easily and never should as the only thing that makes you force a disc around is your other hand, no springs.

Hux called me and we ironed out these facts and it was just unfortunate. However I'd like to say Hux without any prior knowledge of the other tool came up with and achieved the making of his tool which I think is great, and developing tools is never time wasted.

I hope no one takes offence but if a tool is made in the UK and people are led to believe its Chinese I will always defend it.

SV
<<

huxleypig

Post Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:53 am

It's all good, I've been telling people it wasn't copied ever since. So how mad is that, there are now two separate tools for Abloy Classic made in UK?! The tools are pretty identical when it comes to the business end but I did quite a lot of work changing the handles around, for the support, it is a mechanism that I have never seen before (but as we all know, that doesn't mean it doesn't exist ). Anyway, it taught me not to put the good stuff on the internet.
<<

safeventures

Post Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:31 am

I like the look of your miwa3800 tool, have you finalised it?
<<

huxleypig

Post Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:00 pm

Did you get the vids from here? viewtopic.php?f=45&t=9042&p=84987&hilit=miwa+3800#p84987

It did develop past the portable version a little but there was/is very little interest. I made a few up but it never got to the point of mass production or anything. I keep one for me and make up others from scratch as and when needed. Which isn't often. The make-up key needs some more dev too becasue I just use a normal key that has been stripped of its magnets and while it works perfectly, I think Miwa wouldn't be too impressed. The system works on more locks than the 3800, you can use it to decode the EC and the...the Miwa with no name (I realise it must have a name but I've never seen it other than when I bought it and it's very rare...this one):

And I am pretty sure it can be used on a few other magnetic locks (pretty useless for MCS though).

Quick answer, it did develop a little more but it is not what I would call finalised.
<<

Jaakko Fagerlund

Post Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:05 am

Great to hear some corrections from you safeventures, it is also nice to hear that the manufacture of those tols has not gone to China or some other cheapo place :)
<<

huxleypig

Post Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:53 pm

She recently underwent a makeover. Now with magnetic noses and redesigned handles.

<<

greengrowlocks

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:42 am

Very impressive, nice work Hux!
<<

Jaakko Fagerlund

Post Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:12 am

Just now noticed from the above picture: Hux, are you doing different length engravings for the angle markings? Looks like it and damn you, that's something I was thinking when I was doing my Profile pick! :D
<<

huxleypig

Post Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:57 pm

Jaakko Fagerlund wrote:Just now noticed from the above picture: Hux, are you doing different length engravings for the angle markings? Looks like it and damn you, that's something I was thinking when I was doing my Profile pick! :D

Yes mate, I even made them longer than normal for this pick. They look cool. Feel free to use it though dude, just call them "hux marks" :-)
<<

Jaakko Fagerlund

Post Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:55 am

huxleypig wrote:
Jaakko Fagerlund wrote:Just now noticed from the above picture: Hux, are you doing different length engravings for the angle markings? Looks like it and damn you, that's something I was thinking when I was doing my Profile pick! :D

Yes mate, I even made them longer than normal for this pick. They look cool. Feel free to use it though dude, just call them "hux marks" :-)

Cheers mate, I really have to build an indexing head or 4th axis to properly do these. Or an engraving tool and divider for my lathe.
PreviousNext

Return to Home Brew