FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Link to pdf for Escher's Pick Making Tutorial

<<

escher7

Post Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:29 pm

Link to pdf for Escher's Pick Making Tutorial

Here is a link to Dropbox where I have placed a pdf of my tutorial. If you have as problem with the link let me know as this is the first time I have used Dropbox. Anyone having questions about pick making should feel free to PM me. Thanks

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v2n3czhow0udl ... g.pdf?dl=0
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:30 pm

Re: Link to pdf for Escher's Pick Making Tutorial

Got it. Thanks for sharing it with us, Escher. :)

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

flywheel

Post Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:00 pm

Very nice. This will be a valuable reference when I decide to take the leap into pick making.
<<

escher7

Post Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:42 pm

flywheel wrote:Very nice. This will be a valuable reference when I decide to take the leap into pick making.

You can get started with nothing but a bench grinder, a hand drill, files and a mess of sandpaper. Leave the brass for now and just outline the pick, grind it to the shape you want and clean it up with files. Find some handle material, drill the rivet holes and glue on the handles the way I show in the tutorial (one side at a time), glue everything up with epoxy or crazy glue and file and sand everything to the finished product. A Dremel is a great help, and a cheap belt sander clamped upside down will work to rough everything down so the handwork is minimized. After you have roughed out a couple and probably screwed a few things up, you will find the learning curve is pretty fast. Go for it!

Return to Home Brew