FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Escher's Latest Pick

<<

escher7

Post Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:07 am

Escher's Latest Pick

Here is my latest effort. I took a few shots of the fabrication and will post them when I get them organized.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:08 am

Re: Escher's Latest Pick

Looks really clean, nice job. You like the notched hook it seems?
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:08 am

Beautiful work mate!

That little clamp tool thing - I have one of those but a bigger version - is that all they do, clamp stuff together? I still don't know what it is supposed to do!
<<

escher7

Post Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:12 am

Xeo: I like the notch because for amateurs like me it makes finding the rear pins easier.

Hux: These are machinist/die sinkers clamps. The best for small irregular items. A set at Lee Valley in Canada is around $10.00. Grizzly sells them down South.
<<

flywheel

Post Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:28 am

Beautiful :hbg:
Need a pick tester? :D

How do you cut the blank out? What is the final pick thickness? I would love to see more pictures of the process from hacksaw, to cutout, to attaching the handle, etc.
<<

escher7

Post Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:20 am

flywheel wrote:Beautiful :hbg:
Need a pick tester? :D

How do you cut the blank out? What is the final pick thickness? I would love to see more pictures of the process from hacksaw, to cutout, to attaching the handle, etc.

More pictures coming soon. Blank is roughed out on a grinding wheel - ground to rough line as per first photo. I clean up the blank to remove rough grinding burs and after finalizing the design, (it usually changes as I go along), I coat the blank in black marker and re-draw the shape with a carbide scriber and file/Dremel close to that layout. Final thickness varies' depending on how much sanding etc is required to get good finish. Usually about .023" which is what Southord's slimmer Max Yield picks are finished to. One of the reasons I use hacksaw blades is the fact that they are the perfect thickness. Trying to accurately grind to the right thickness is nearly impossible without a $3,000.00 thickness grinder.

I plan a more complete post on pick-making but I need to get the hang of posting pictures interspersed with text all in the right order first. I am not sure how to get everything in order as the pictures seem to post in reverse order (i.e. the first picture posted shows up last etc.). I am sure there is a way to re-order photos but I haven't figured it out yet.
<<

flywheel

Post Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:24 am

escher7 wrote:I am not sure how to get everything in order as the pictures seem to post in reverse order (i.e. the first picture posted shows up last etc.). I am sure there is a way to re-order photos but I haven't figured it out yet.

Use the "Place Inline" button under the pictures. Write some text, "place inline", write some text... Make sure to title your pics appropriately and you can get everything where you want it.

Return to Home Brew