FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

ChonkyTonks Custom Picks

<<

ChonkyTonks

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:28 am

ChonkyTonks Custom Picks

LSA made a good point to a newbie about making a single thread for all of said newbie's exploits. I am following suit and creating a placeholder thread for all of the custom picks I make. I will add to it all of the picks I have made along with all of picks I will make. So far, here is what I have:

Keep in mind that the progression from my first pick to my latest covers a time period of about four to five months. I am fairly proud of the progress. You can be, too. :D

-ChonkyTonks
<<

chris

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:30 am

Re: ChonkyTonks Custom Picks

I like em, very skilled, nice falle style pick.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs...
See those kids standing by the lake...drop some napalm and watch them bake.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs.
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:45 am

ChonkyTonks, your handles are awesome...the pick designs aren't too shabby, either! Keep up the good work.
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

ChonkyTonks

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:52 am

magician59 wrote:ChonkyTonks, your handles are awesome...the pick designs aren't too shabby, either! Keep up the good work.

Thanks, Magician. Out of curiosity, what do you think would push the pick design portion to "awesome" status? I leverage templates for the pick designs, and really have not made anything custom, yet.
<<

KokomoLock

Professor Emeritus Of Lockpickology and Smithery

Post Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:03 am

I have a request Chonky. I see lots of woody's hiding in the case. Lets see em!!!
<<

ChonkyTonks

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:08 am

Here are two out of that lot. The bottom one is the first wood handle I created.
<<

uklockpicker

The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor

Post Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:49 am

Great picks - all of them :mrgreen: - looking forward to mine, just another one to the collection :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:21 am

ChonkyTonks wrote:
magician59 wrote:ChonkyTonks, your handles are awesome...the pick designs aren't too shabby, either! Keep up the good work.

Thanks, Magician. Out of curiosity, what do you think would push the pick design portion to "awesome" status? I leverage templates for the pick designs, and really have not made anything custom, yet.

I didn't mean that your pick designs aren't awesome. I have been locksmithing more than 40 years. I have made a bunch of picks; and bought even more. I haven't seen anything new for years. What impresses me, as far as pick design is concerned, is a pick that lasts under normal daily use.
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

ChonkyTonks

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:02 am

magician59 wrote:
ChonkyTonks wrote:

I didn't mean that your pick designs aren't awesome. I have been locksmithing more than 40 years. I have made a bunch of picks; and bought even more. I haven't seen anything new for years. What impresses me, as far as pick design is concerned, is a pick that lasts under normal daily use.

Yeah, I hear what you are saying. I have some odd designs for picks, but I just do not know how they would work for picking a lock. Once the orders calm down a bit, I will start making some prototypes and post them here for input.
<<

jonnyboy091373

Familiar Face

Post Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:12 am

with the nice looking picks you are making, dont expect orders to die down for a while... keep up the good work.
<<

ChonkyTonks

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:51 pm

Here is the latest, guys and gals. I created this one for UKLP upon request. I feel good about the finished product, but have learned a lot about what not to do the next time I make one similar to this. Let me know what you think.

-ChonkyTonks
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:32 pm

AMAZING... second most beautiful pick i have ever seen...
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:33 pm

Your design resembles A tried and true VERY effective tool,that has been used with great success thousands of years.
100_1536_480x640.jpg

but not for lockpicking.... ;)
(let's just hope the design doesn't end up catching a finger.)
This is just a little constructive critisism, i am not trying to be rude...your rake is very aesthetically pleasing,and i really like your handles.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

ChonkyTonks

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:41 pm

awol70 wrote:Your design resembles A tried and true VERY effective tool,that has been used with great success thousands of years.
100_1536_480x640.jpg

but not for lockpicking.... ;)
(let's just hope the design doesn't end up catching a finger.)
This is just a little constructive critisism, i am not trying to be rude...your rake is very aesthetically pleasing,and i really like your handles.

Awol,

I am all for constructive criticism since I know it will help me hone my craft. The arc that leads to the "teeth" is angled to preclude any appendage impairment. But, we will have to see what UKLP thinks of it once he tests it out. I do appreciate the comment.

Thanks,
Doug
<<

uklockpicker

Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:50 pm

Im in luv - i luv it :drool: I can see this fitting in my hand like a glove !
I think it would be rude not to test it out ... but this is going in my special collection very rare to see the light of day :hbg:
Next

Return to Home Brew