FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Wiper Inserts

<<

m0ose

Post Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:39 am

Wiper Inserts

I've been wondering this for a while. What are wiper inserts? I understand semi what they are, but beyond that it's kinda lost to me. If you could throw up some pictures and a nice description here it could be of some use to others like myself.
Last edited by m0ose on Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:23 am

Re: Wiper Inserts

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=UU7SQzaZvrs

this will help..basically they run inside the rubber "blade" part of the wiper for enduring flexibility.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by awol70 on Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:27 am

awol70 wrote:http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=UU7SQzaZvrs

this will help..basically they run inside the rubber "blade" part of the wiper for enduring flexibility.
wow ray... haven't seen that vid in almost a year..... :)
<<

m0ose

Post Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:47 am

Thanks a ton for the video and picture! I've been wondering about this for a while, so it's awesome to finally actually see them raw and then turned into something. :D
<<

m0ose

Post Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:05 am

SpaceyStacey wrote:A tip on where to get them - hit the junkyard, or do what I do. I go to the tire/lube etc places - where they do tune ups ans such. Since they generally change out wiper blades, they have PILES of used ones they will end up throwing out. I just ask for those and I have huge pile in my garage to go through and start cleaning up and pulling. :-) All for free even!

So a junk yard should work then? How would you go about removing the insert?
<<

m0ose

Post Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:09 am

SpaceyStacey wrote:Junk yard would work, but not my personal first choice. I like the convinience of haveing a big bundle I can just grab and go. At a junk yard, they *may* charge you - surely nothing much, but more than likey you would have to gather them yourself etc.

As for removal, depends on the blade but they come out pretty easy. You will see - trust me.

Ok, cool. Yeah, I'm a fan of the junk yard, because then I can find other things I want. :P But yeah, I dunno, I'd rather go to a junk yard myself. :P I guess I'll wait until I get a jorb and save up and head there. Cover the gas for my dad and see what we can find. :P
<<

Jinglesanator

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:16 pm

I'm waitin' on this guy who owns a place called "The Shop" to see if he can get me some.

Maybe I should put some fire under his a$$ to get him goin'. :mrgreen:
Image Keep on Pushin'
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:37 pm

Jinglesanator wrote:I'm waitin' on this guy who owns a place called "The Shop" to see if he can get me some.

Maybe I should put some fire under his a$$ to get him goin'. :mrgreen:

Just go to AutoZone or similar place and rummage through their trash cans out front. That's where I get mine.
<<

Nostromo

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:30 pm

This stuff is wonderful! It bends pretty easily for tension wrenches, you can heat and bend it with a propane torch pretty easily, it polishes up like silver jewelry and is rustless to boot.

So far I've found two sizes. The more typical mikes out at .023 by .10 and the other is .033 by .127. Various lengths depending on the car make. Haven;t found much of the latter, maybe they are from trucks or buses?

Why wait for the other guy to get'em for you? Isn't there ANYBODY at work or school that you don't like? Whoops, I didn;t mean that . . .
<<

Kai

Familiar Face

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:44 pm

Scavenging them is the way to go, but if you aren't having much luck, and live in the US, Walmart sells a brand called Anco ($4.50ea). They're wider than most. Not too sure of the dimesions.
<<

Jinglesanator

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:45 pm

Nostromo wrote:This stuff is wonderful! It bends pretty easily for tension wrenches, you can heat and bend it with a propane torch pretty easily, it polishes up like silver jewelry and is rustless to boot.

So far I've found two sizes. The more typical mikes out at .023 by .10 and the other is .033 by .127. Various lengths depending on the car make. Haven;t found much of the latter, maybe they are from trucks or buses?

Why wait for the other guy to get'em for you? Isn't there ANYBODY at work or school that you don't like? Whoops, I didn;t mean that . . .

I'd recommend not heating it, it can ruin the temper and make it brittle. I do hate this rich b**ch with a mustang.....jk guys. I don't steal.
Image Keep on Pushin'
<<

m0ose

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:34 pm

Wiz is a fucking GOD! He sent me a bunch of inserts and I swear! It is heaven on earth! I made a couple wrenches today and they are just amazing. They bend good and as long as you work slow they won't snap. Plus, with some super glue and heat shrink tubing, (total was like $4.68 at Ace Hardware) I have so many pimp handles. :P

So yeah, Wiz rules and so does a good wiper insert. :D
<<

Thedonofdeath

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:04 pm

yeah, all of my homemade picks are made out of windshield wiper blades.. i get them free at the local junkyard. they make pretty awesome picks and are a lot less cutting then hacksaw blades.
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:26 am

m0ose wrote:Wiz is a fucking GOD! He sent me a bunch of inserts and I swear! It is heaven on earth! I made a couple wrenches today and they are just amazing. They bend good and as long as you work slow they won't snap. Plus, with some super glue and heat shrink tubing, (total was like $4.68 at Ace Hardware) I have so many pimp handles. :P

So yeah, Wiz rules and so does a good wiper insert. :D

(Finger) Mo0se, you're such a f*cking groupie...you say that to all the lock pimp daddies. You're such a slut, that you hop from lock to lock with the frequency of a cheap ham radio. Wh*re.
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:38 am

HallisChalmers wrote:
(Finger) Mo0se, you're such a f*cking groupie...you say that to all the lock pimp daddies. You're such a slut, that you hop from lock to lock with the frequency of a cheap ham radio. Wh*re.

hahaha so true ;)
Next

Return to Home Brew