FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Josh66 - Homebrews

<<

Bluenkight

Post Tue May 19, 2015 12:34 pm

Re: Josh66 - Homebrews

Josh66 wrote:So, all the talk about Bogatas lately ... I wanted to try making one.

I had a couple scraps of Ti that were too small for a regular pick, so I figured they might work for this. Well, one of them was too small for anything but a tension wrench...

Pretty comfortable in the hand:
(left handed so I could hold my phone)

I made this pretty quick - I just bead blasted it instead of polishing it. Seems to be working alright. I haven't opened anything hard with it yet, but it opens Master No, 1 & 3's, and cheap deadbolts pretty much instantly.

That is a sweet looking pick Josh... I wish i could find some Ti Scraps to give it a try... :bogota:

I'll make a proper set soon.
<<

rerun12

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue May 19, 2015 12:51 pm

those ergonomic handles really shine if you use the "too much coffee" bogota method. nice work there dude
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand.
<<

Bluenkight

Post Tue May 19, 2015 9:31 pm

Josh66 wrote:Thanks guys.

I don't have any to sell/trade right now - but I'm making one for someone, then after that I'll just make a few sets at a time and stock up on them. Once I have a few ready to go I'll PM the people that have already expressed interest, then make a post about the rest - if there are any leftovers, lol!

I just mean 'proper' bogatas as in this is the first set I've made where the back of the pick can actually be used as a wrench, and the first 'nesting' set too.

please keep me informed if you have any...Thx love your other stuff...its cool as hell :bogota:
<<

Josh66

Post Tue May 26, 2015 9:13 am

I just moved and all of my stuff is still in storage 1000 miles away, lol, so I'm not really set up for making picks till I get some more material (it's all in storage, but I might get more before I have a chance to go get it). Just doing contract work, so I'm not really sure how long it will last, or when I'll have a chance to move the rest of my stuff...
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Tue May 26, 2015 10:42 am

Josh66 wrote:I just moved and all of my stuff is still in storage 1000 miles away, lol, so I'm not really set up for making picks till I get some more material (it's all in storage, but I might get more before I have a chance to go get it). Just doing contract work, so I'm not really sure how long it will last, or when I'll have a chance to move the rest of my stuff...

Josh!

Whether or not you're making picks, it's great to see you stop by and see you're doing alright. Hope to see you around some more when you have time.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Tue May 26, 2015 7:59 pm

MBI wrote:
Josh66 wrote:I just moved and all of my stuff is still in storage 1000 miles away, lol, so I'm not really set up for making picks till I get some more material (it's all in storage, but I might get more before I have a chance to go get it). Just doing contract work, so I'm not really sure how long it will last, or when I'll have a chance to move the rest of my stuff...

Josh!

Whether or not you're making picks, it's great to see you stop by and see you're doing alright. Hope to see you around some more when you have time.

:agree:
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

Josh66

Post Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:12 pm

So I was planning on making a dimple pick, since I don't have any, but I did a few too many passes with the file and wasn't left with enough material.

Decided to go for an extractor instead. Didn't have one of those either. I don't know how useful the harpoon style extractors actually are, but I figured smaller was better. I haven't tested it yet - I guess I'll have to break a key off in a Master or something just to see how well it works.

ImageDSCF3333 by Joshua Engler, on Flickr

Next to a Sparrows hook for size comparison:
ImageDSCF3336 by Joshua Engler, on Flickr
Previous

Return to Home Brew