FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

The Club Weatherproof Core in American 5100

<<

pin_pusher

Familiar Face

Post Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:29 pm

The Club Weatherproof Core in American 5100

I stumbled across some 'Weather Proof Club Padlocks' at a local hardware store--all keyed alike. i noticed that they were verisimilar to american lock padlocks, and were only weatherproof because of their weak aluminum bodies and stainless, not hardened, shackles. and after seeing that the new bump proof cores that masterlock has put into american lock series, i thought i could salvage old parts of an american 5100 that i had popped open with the lock defeater i bought from locksmitharmy and make a stronger lock with security pins and a keyed alike core. it worked, the parts translate really well, the club locks were 20 bux for four locks and the core, trap door, retaining screw, and all parts fit really well within the american 5100. so essentially i have a heavy duty casing on a club lock that is keyed to three others of the same. i was wondering if anyone has thought to do this in the past, or if american and club are one in the same (they have the same blanks)? i also wish i could post a picture to show the progress, sorry folks. i think if i were to get a bump proof american i'd exchange the harder to pick core with one of these clubs, they have mushroom pins at least. but, i did see the videos of bumping, and it seems horribly easy...why haven't they incorporated both security pins and the bump proof pin?
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: The Club Weatherproof Core in American 5100

not as cool as a kaba micro in a 5100... but still cool ;)
nice work

they cut the security pins to save money... no need to lathe the pins... but such is life...
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

pin_pusher

Familiar Face

Post Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:38 pm

LocksmithArmy wrote:not as cool as a kaba micro in a 5100

got that right, and what's less cool is i had to scramble around on the floor for pins i spit out of the core while holding my wine and attempting this seemingly simple task. :kickyoass:
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:39 pm

hahaha that would be fun to watch ;)
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"

Return to Home Brew