FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

2 new ones

<<

ratyoke

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:53 pm

2 new ones

Here are 2 I finished last week for HallisChalmers. They are .025" high carbon steel feeler gauge stock, anodized aluminum handles.

I took photos while making them, so I will post those maybe with in the next couple days.
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:55 pm

Re: 2 new ones

ratyoke wrote:Here are 2 I finished last week for HallisChalmers. They are .025" high carbon steel feeler gauge stock, anodized aluminum handles.

I took photos while making them, so I will post those maybe with in the next couple days.

dude those are simply the finest looking homemade picks i have EVER seen.
magnificent work!!
i am very interested in a couple...pm me if this could be arranged.
again,just magnificent!
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:10 am

I just got these in the mail today and I'm still awed by Ratyoke's work! :o

All I can say is that the craftsmanship is excellent!

The handles are buttery smooth and the pick steel has a mirror finish polish on it. The anodization is excellent. Not a blemish anywhere.

From the time I placed my order, it took 14 days to receive them, which gives you a good idea of how skilled Ratyoke is at crafting these items.

He's got several handle styles and a variety of anodizing colors - and can very accurately create the most popular pick styles: short hooks, eurowave jigglers, deforest, or city rakes.

He's working on another set for me even as we speak. (woohoo)

These are not cheapo, $4 a pick items like you find on the internet lockpicking tool supplier sites- these are quality, hand-crafted tools that are built to last as long as you treat them accordingly.

When you walk in the room and whip these babies out, ladies will faint - and the guys will gnash their teeth.

Yeah, they are that f***ing good.

***** 5 stars out of 5
<<

Site Admin

Post Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:38 am

that is some damn fine work right there.

Lew
<<

Snor

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:16 pm

If they are as good as they look... :shock: I just came!
Houndour wrote:Snor, the Keypicking resident Lubricant Expert in making. For all your lube needs!!! LOL!
m0ose wrote:And last, but not least, we have Snor. He's pretty pimp and a good guy to chat with.
http://www.youtube.com/user/SSnor
<<

m0ose

Post Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:24 pm

Snor wrote:If they are as good as they look... :shock: I just came!

Agreed!
<<

Site Admin

Post Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:27 pm

Snor wrote:If they are as good as they look... :shock: I just came!

haha, how lovely :lol:
<<

Jinglesanator

Post Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:15 am

You could make a living off of those!!! I was wondering if you were willing to sell me the same thing that you sent to HallisChalmers? Those are the best home made picks I've ever seen!!! No joke!!!
Image Keep on Pushin'
<<

m0ose

Post Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:08 am

Jinglesanator wrote:You could make a living off of those!!! I was wondering if you were willing to sell me the same thing that you sent to HallisChalmers? Those are the best home made picks I've ever seen!!! No joke!!!

No offense, but from what I hear about your skill level I wouldn't dedicate and get such fine pieces of craftsmanship. Break a few cheaper picks and learn from those mistakes before you dive into such wonderful utensils. Because trust me, you will break picks, and you will be pissed when you break the good ones. :P
<<

Jinglesanator

Post Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:01 am

m0ose wrote:
Jinglesanator wrote:You could make a living off of those!!! I was wondering if you were willing to sell me the same thing that you sent to HallisChalmers? Those are the best home made picks I've ever seen!!! No joke!!!

No offense, but from what I hear about your skill level I wouldn't dedicate and get such fine pieces of craftsmanship. Break a few cheaper picks and learn from those mistakes before you dive into such wonderful utensils. Because trust me, you will break picks, and you will be pissed when you break the good ones. :P

Yeah, I kinda do suck at this a lot!
Image Keep on Pushin'
<<

m0ose

Post Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:09 am

Jinglesanator wrote:
m0ose wrote:

Yeah, I kinda do suck at this a lot!

As does anyone who just picks it up. :P
<<

ratyoke

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:34 pm

m0ose wrote:

If they break, new picks can be made for the aluminum handles since they screw together. But they are a lot more expensive than like something from Southord. Might want to wait and see if you stick with this hobby first, although if you want to buy them I am not going to refuse you just cause you are new.
<<

m0ose

Post Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:00 am

ratyoke wrote:
m0ose wrote:

If they break, new picks can be made for the aluminum handles since they screw together. But they are a lot more expensive than like something from Southord. Might want to wait and see if you stick with this hobby first, although if you want to buy them I am not going to refuse you just cause you are new.

Yeah, no sense in turning him away, but from experience, it's just never smart to start off big.
<<

cool-arrow

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:48 pm

Now those are nice home made picks. I can see charging a decent price for those.

Return to Home Brew