FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

PC-7 Epoxy paste for handles

<<

aka.decoy

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue May 24, 2011 3:10 am

PC-7 Epoxy paste for handles

Has anyone tried this stuff for attaching/filling pick handles? I was just thinking about JB weld, Epoxy, Brazing, etc. and remembered about a display we made back when I used to work in hardware stores. We'd piece together a stick-man named "jack" made of a golf ball, tub drain plug, wood, metal, etc. Joined together with PC-7 Epoxy paste. When I left 8 years later it was still solid, held together, no cracks, been through hell, the pieces were breaking but the epoxy was still solid. I can't make any picks right now so I can't try it myself, but just thinking out loud.
"Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina."

-Ron Burgundy
<<

chris

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue May 24, 2011 5:04 am

Re: PC-7 Epoxy paste for handles

I haven't used that stuff, but I use a two part epoxy specific for binding metals together, haven't had any problems with it at all.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs...
See those kids standing by the lake...drop some napalm and watch them bake.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs.
<<

sandman

Post Tue May 24, 2011 5:43 am

not yet, but when i decide to make my own picks i will be using the pc7, i hear the pc7, and the water proof version of it... pc11 are the strongest epoxy on the market hands down. we have a display at our hardware store with items like a marble, a penny, an eye hook a rock, glued to a board, and i cannot for the life of me pry them apart or even jiggle them. they owner saids its weird to work with, you cant drip it or squeez it from a tube, you can only dip what you want from it or spread it like peanut butter.
<<

ChonkyTonks

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue May 24, 2011 9:18 am

I use monster glue for attaching my handles. It works extremely well, but can be a burden if you use too much.
<<

aka.decoy

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat May 28, 2011 3:36 am

Cool, thanks guys.

Hey Sandman, I'm not sure if this is always true, but we tried experiments, and the pc-7 was stronger than the 11. And, years later the pc-11 "crumbled" a little, whereas the pc-7 was still solid glossy. Just fyi.
"Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina."

-Ron Burgundy
<<

sandman

Post Sat May 28, 2011 9:03 am

aka.decoy wrote:Cool, thanks guys.

Hey Sandman, I'm not sure if this is always true, but we tried experiments, and the pc-7 was stronger than the 11. And, years later the pc-11 "crumbled" a little, whereas the pc-7 was still solid glossy. Just fyi.

i can see that, it was hinted to me to just stick with the pc-7, unless i really need the waterproofing, maybe water helps harder the pc-11? i dont know, but i just know i dont think anything can be harder than the crap that was glued to that board using pc-7, im particularly strong and there is no way i could pry anything off if it was held down with that shit lol. good stuff!

Return to Home Brew