FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

ChonkyTonks Custom Picks

<<

ChonkyTonks

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:13 am

Re: ChonkyTonks Custom Picks

Oldfast wrote:
ChonkyTonks wrote:..... Here is proof that I am back in the game.....It is nice to have the time to make picks again .....

This is great news! I look foward to more :)

That off-set 1/2 diamond looks wicked :twisted:

Thanks, Oldfast. I should have more pictures to post here sometime in May.
<<

ChonkyTonks

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat May 23, 2015 8:18 pm

It has been a while since I have been on here and I realize that, after taking my site down, all of the images went with it. Here is a link to the images of some of the picks I have made:

http://chonkytonks.imgur.com

As there may be some questions, here are some answers that might help:

1. Are you still making picks?

>>I have not made any since 2012 due to a personal matter. I still have an order to finish that I was working on at the time. I know there were others who had contacted me or even put in some orders before I fell off the face of the earth. I apologize that I never did get to those.

2. I contacted you/submitted an order a while back. Will I ever get my picks?

>> As I stated above, I know there were a lot of people who contacted me and some who got orders placed before I took my site down. Due to the personal matter I mentioned above, I could not get them done and am not sure that the third-party site I used for the orders even has the data any longer.

3. What are your plans going forward?

>> I can honestly say that I will not put up an order site again. I fully understand why Schuyler Towne cracked up after his kickstarter campaign when gangbusters; There were too many orders and not enough hours in the day to get them done.

However, I have some cool ideas for different picks I want to make and might just put them up here if/when I finish them. I think I will take a path more like Ratyoke who makes a few and posts them as he has time. For me, making lock picks is a passion because I can mix form and function equally; It is challenging and makes me constantly restructure the paradigm as to what a lock pick can tell you while looking completely odd, wild, eccentric, etc.

I will not be on the forum as much as I once was, but I will do my best to get back here on a more regular basis. This has always been a home for me and I do miss it dearly. I hope this finds all of you doing well, doing good and picking some dastardly difficult locks.

-ChonkyTonks
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Sat May 23, 2015 8:39 pm

Thanks for the update and the pic link.
I look forward to seeing you around again.
<<

ChonkyTonks

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat May 23, 2015 8:43 pm

Thanks, MBI. I hope to be more of a regular than I have been.
Previous

Return to Home Brew