FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Anodizin Update

<<

cowbite

Familiar Face

Post Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:41 pm

Anodizin Update

Well I wish I could say that I have the process down to a science but I don't. A large part of the problem is that I don't have aluminum wire to connect to the parts so Im bootlegging it. I end up dying the parts and then sealing them and it all washes off so thats telling me that they aren't getting anodized. I managed to get one part colored and it came out really really nice but I can't duplicate it. I anodized 2 parts last night for 4 hours, then dyed them for another 3 they took the color but lightly. I'm certain its the anodizing part thats fubar and need to go get a shitload more acid , some alum wire and stronger caustic soda.

More later.
MCSE: Security | CompTIA: Security
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:54 pm

Re: Anodizin Update

Aluminum wire shouldn't be hard to find, if you can't find any laying around you should be able to pick some up cheap at a hardware store I think. The process sounds crazy as hell but once you get it down it sure does make some cool stuff look pretty. Keep trying though, don't give up!
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

barbarian

Post Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:49 pm

Re: Anodizin Update

You might want to try aluminum welding rods. Should be easy to get at a welding shop.

Comes in assorted sizes and very pure and clean so it won't mess up your brew.

They might also have rolls of aluminum wire for MIG welders.

Return to Home Brew