FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Lockpicking Tool Templates

<<

uklockpicker

The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor

Post Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:54 am

Re: Lockpicking Tool Templates

Nice one pht, great job replacing the templates that was lost , and a few more extra there - good one :)
<<

abroxis

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:53 pm

Romstars picks and other images

Romstar is a working locksmith out of Nova Soctia Cananda.

He has been a member on most of the lockpicking sites over the past few years. He also gets him self banned on every site for certain reasons that I won't get into here.

The man was amazing at making and designing lockpicks some of which he sold

Came across this link for a bunch of the images from Romstars photobucket account.

You will see several of his templates and some of the lockpicks he made.

For those that have never heard of the them he shows off some of the King and Queen picks that some swear by and others swear at.

The king and queen picks are based on a book called Lockpick Design and are designed by examining all the possible pin hights, doing a bit of math and projections and producing a jiggler that could best set the majority of the pins.

He also shows pictures of the special metal that he liked to use

Its a bit of a mess but it will copy a lot of the images into your temporary files and you can sort through and keep any that interest you.

http://pickmonger.50megs.com/romstarall.htm
<<

piotr

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:55 pm

<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:55 am

Thought I might add my templates for anyone who wanted to grind their own picks based on my designs.

NOTE:
These Designs belong to CliffLockpicks and may not be distributed or sold (as drafts
or products made from or including these drafts) in any part by anyone without
explicit written permission from CliffLockpicks.

CliffLockpicks Pick Templates.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

rai

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:53 am

Romstar has images of some picks I sent him, he was to send another item in return, it took a couple of years to get that, and it was just a copy of a cd on auto bypass, not something he would have had to work to make.
He has a reputation of offering things for sale, accepting payment and then stiffing the buyer. I pressured him, complained to the website lp101 and even had a member who lived near him call him to ask why he wasn't filling orders. i think he got banned at lp101 and a year or two later was allowed back then got banned again. whether its attitude or a mental problem I can't know. I put him in the one hundred percent bad seller column. One of the people whom he stiffed was a 14 year old australian kid,who sent him all his savings. I ended up feeling so bad for the kid, I sent him some of my stuff to let him know that all people are not bad.
Before his reputation caught up to him, he once if memory is correct, had a lot of lp101 members feeling sorry for him over some sob story he told. They raised quite a bit of money for him around $2000 out of sympathy.
He posts very knowlegably about locksmithing issues but he cannot be trusted and some of what he posts is just stuff he makes up. Mixing true and valuable stuff with fantasy.
I learned more about schyler towne here and now I am putting romstars record where it belongs, in the sunlight, not hidden.
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:36 am

he still owes me a pick case...holding my breath!
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

uklockpicker

Post Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:46 pm

LocksmithArmy wrote:Thought I might add my templates for anyone who wanted to grind their own picks based on my designs.

NOTE:
These Designs belong to CliffLockpicks and may not be distributed or sold (as drafts
or products made from or including these drafts) in any part by anyone without
explicit written permission from CliffLockpicks.

CliffLockpicks Pick Templates.pdf

Very good of you lsa :D Nice designs buddy
<<

abroxis

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:37 pm

yeah Romstar aka Frank Spencer was running his own locksmith service for a while in Windsor Nova Soctia Canada.

He did know a lot but was banned from almost every site due to shafting purchasers.

Rai is right . Varjel and some of the users at lockpicking101 felt sorry for him and they tried to collect money for him.

A lot of trusting folks were major pissed off.

This is one of the more recent links for Frank that I am posting for someone who was trying to get in touch with him.
http://www.wayn.com/profiles/Romstar
<<

piotr

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:05 pm

abroxis wrote:This is one of the more recent links for Frank that I am posting for someone who was trying to get in touch with him.

He's still full of shit:

"Later education included Acadia and Dalhousie universities but was never completed. Psychology, Art, Computer Sciences and later Law at Dalhousie were my fields of study. During my time at Acadia I began work on several new types of mathematical models for FTL propulsion systems."

====> BULLSHIT DECODER ====> "I got kicked out of two universites"

FTL = Faster Than Light
Under what degree did he "work on several new types of mathematical models for FTL propulsion systems"? As an undergraduate with no university level maths or physics? Did he publish his mathematical models?

====> BULLSHIT DECODER ====> "I watch Star Trek"

Utter drivel. Also, he doesn't write like a university educated person:

"While growing up, I was raised by my maternal grand parents..."

Redundant prose. Is it possible to be raised during a period other than when one is growing up? Can one be "raised" whilst not "growing up"?

====> BULLSHIT DECODER ====> "A broken family, parental rejection and inconsistent parenting made me the misanthropic, flim-flam artist, shyster and fantasist that I am today"

He's a dedicated con-artist: the hustle never ends. When I first encountered Mr Spencer on the very early days of lp101 alarm bells went off and he hasn't failed to live up to my low expectations. Thank you Romstar/Frank Spencer for demonstrating that locksmiths don't have a monopoly on virtue (even though many of them pretend that they do).
<<

piotr

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:25 pm

rai wrote:Before his reputation caught up to him, he once if memory is correct, had a lot of lp101 members feeling sorry for him over some sob story he told. They raised quite a bit of money for him around $2000 out of sympathy.

Misplaced sympathy. I'm of two minds on him having shafted the management and membership of lp101 multiple times. It is bad for the obvious reasons but it is good in that it demonstrated that no-one at lp101 sits in a position of (actual) privilege such that they are qualified to determine who should be permitted to know certain categories of information and who should be excluded. They made him a moderator at lp101 (yeah I know he was a mod here also but there is no private/advanced/secret/big dick section of the forum here). Mr Spencer was implicitly assessed as being even more trustworthy than the illumined members of the private/advanced/secret/big dick section of lp101.
<<

piotr

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:06 pm

abroxis wrote:This is one of the more recent links for Frank that I am posting for someone who was trying to get in touch with him.

He's also an IT professional:
http://www.techcomedy.com/users/user_info.htm?nick=Romstar
http://hfx.general.narkive.com/CLIujffy/msn-chat-changes.3

:wanker:
<<

piotr

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:24 pm

rai wrote:One of the people whom he stiffed was a 14 year old australian kid,who sent him all his savings. I ended up feeling so bad for the kid, I sent him some of my stuff to let him know that all people are not bad.

Looks like that kid still holds a grudge (and rightly so):

romstar.png

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/15936701/fpart/5/vc/1

One of the cccupational hazards of being a shyster I guess. :smile:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

abroxis

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:31 am

Does anyone know or suspect that Romstar is still posting on Lockpicking101 or Keypicking under an other alias.
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:39 am

abroxis wrote:Does anyone know or suspect that Romstar is still posting on Lockpicking101 or Keypicking under an other alias.

As I recall he did that on EZpicking after he was banned there but people pretty quickly figured out it was him. If he's doing it now, he's keeping a lower profile.
<<

MacGyver101

Familiar Face

Post Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:47 am

piotr wrote:. . . but there is no private/advanced/secret/big dick section of the forum here).

Honestly not looking to stir any sort of debate over site politics... but, just to be fair, we have always had one or two "private/advanced" forums here. It's currently just the BPDE forum ("Invitation only area for BPDE discussions. Access by regular membership restricted."), but we also used to have an invitation-only downloads forum up until a year or so ago.

It's absolutely fair to debate the criteria for joining... but literally every lock-related site that I'm a regular member of (Keypicking, LP101, HistoryOfLocks, antique-padlocks, etc.) has one or more private forums that you have to apply to a moderator for permission to join.
PreviousNext

Return to Home Brew