FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Homebrew Disc detainer pick?

<<

veiviser

Post Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:30 pm

Homebrew Disc detainer pick?

Hi 8-)

Is there any one who have made a Disc detainer pick (homebrew).?
Please post pictures/details/links on how to make one :roll:

Edit: Or if any one here have bought a new Disc detainer pick,
could you please post a picture with the dimensions of the tool (in mm.)
;)
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:05 pm

Re: Homebrew Disc detainer pick?

The missus has got me one for christmas, I'll post some pics for you when I get it. I saw you posted this over at lp101 aswell, good luck with that lol... getting information from those guys when it comes to anything other than basic locks is like getting blood from a stone.

It's advanced material, and they can't make such information public because if a thief finds out how to make and use a tool for a disc detainer lock apparently they'll be the ones catching hell for it, should he get caught with the tool in his posession and blurt out "lp101 told me how to do it". It makes no sense, but thems are the rules.

Let's face it, most of the locks on houses are average at best and can be opened very quickly with enough practice... but it's fine to talk about those, because "criminals would rather break a window instead". Fair enough, but this presents a bit of a flaw in logic now doesn't it? The general consensus is that criminals either prefer destructive means because it's faster, or they're just plain too stupid/lazy to learn the skill. Whatever the reason, if criminals aren't even willing to pick basic locks, what the hell is the big deal when it comes to more complicated mechanisms which take even more time to pick? Man, feels good to get that off my chest. :mrgreen:

At any rate, you can find all the info you want here, or with 5 minutes free time and a nifty little invention called a search engine. Maybe not everything, I couldn't find plans on making a disc detainer pick but I did learn how the locking mechanism works and the picking process wasn't exactly hard to figure out. Advanced my ass... Abloy I can kinda understand, but keeping information on the cheapy ones hidden away like it's the secrets of the universe is a bit silly.

End rant. (woohoo)
<<

veiviser

Post Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:54 pm

Solomon wrote:The missus has got me one for christmas, I'll post some pics for you when I get it. I saw you posted this over at lp101 aswell, good luck with that lol... getting information from those guys when it comes to anything other than basic locks is like getting blood from a stone.

It's advanced material, and they can't make such information public because if a thief finds out how to make and use a tool for a disc detainer lock apparently they'll be the ones catching hell for it, should he get caught with the tool in his posession and blurt out "lp101 told me how to do it". It makes no sense, but thems are the rules.

Let's face it, most of the locks on houses are average at best and can be opened very quickly with enough practice... but it's fine to talk about those, because "criminals would rather break a window instead". Fair enough, but this presents a bit of a flaw in logic now doesn't it? The general consensus is that criminals either prefer destructive means because it's faster, or they're just plain too stupid/lazy to learn the skill. Whatever the reason, if criminals aren't even willing to pick basic locks, what the hell is the big deal when it comes to more complicated mechanisms which take even more time to pick? Man, feels good to get that off my chest. :mrgreen:

At any rate, you can find all the info you want here, or with 5 minutes free time and a nifty little invention called a search engine. Maybe not everything, I couldn't find plans on making a disc detainer pick but I did learn how the locking mechanism works and the picking process wasn't exactly hard to figure out. Advanced my ass... Abloy I can kinda understand, but keeping information on the cheapy ones hidden away like it's the secrets of the universe is a bit silly.

End rant. (woohoo)

Thanx you for taking the time to answer me ;)
No not exactly easy to get info from the forum you mentioned....
So Im relaying on this forum instead 8-)
See you know what to get for christmas present...isn`t it ment to be a surprise (LOL)

Anyway...looking forward to see the pics of the disc detainer pick
(could you take the time to set the messurement of the tool then)?
:roll:
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:12 pm

veiviser wrote:Thanx you for taking the time to answer me ;)
No not exactly easy to get info from the forum you mentioned....
So Im relaying on this forum instead 8-)
See you know what to get for christmas present...isn`t it ment to be a surprise (LOL)

Anyway...looking forward to see the pics of the disc detainer pick
(could you take the time to set the messurement of the tool then)?
:roll:

It's better to know what you're getting and be really excited when you get it, than it is to get something you're not crazy about and have to pretend. :mrgreen:

Yeah, I'll take measurements for everyone but I'm gonna speak to a few people and see if I can find out a list of actual machine parts so people can just go out and buy the stuff to make them with. It'd be much easier that way.

They're not expensive to buy at any rate, the one I got was only £18 from UKLP and you still have time to put one on your christmas list. No harm in asking! ;)
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:29 pm

Solomon wrote:The missus has got me one for christmas, I'll post some pics for you when I get it. I saw you posted this over at lp101 aswell, good luck with that lol... getting information from those guys when it comes to anything other than basic locks is like getting blood from a stone.

End rant. (woohoo)

What?! You mean you didn't read the disclaimer when you signed on? It specifically says that if we tell you (and we just did) - then we have to kill you. Thems are the rules too. :shock:
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:32 pm

I always feel like the lone republican at the democratic national convention when I go to LP101!!!
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:27 am

HallisChalmers wrote:What?! You mean you didn't read the disclaimer when you signed on? It specifically says that if we tell you (and we just did) - then we have to kill you. Thems are the rules too. :shock:

But I learned how to pick a master no. 3 over there... uh oh. If anyone needs me I'll be packing my bags and booking a flight to china.
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:10 am

the lockpickkid wrote:I always feel like the lone republican at the democratic national convention when I go to LP101!!!

HAHAHAHA! Love it!

I've kinda gone to mostly lurking over there since finding this site. Still post some there, but the difference in demenaor between here and there is night and day, and I gotta say I like it better here. Also, what is with the "it's a family site" type attitude over there? I don't get that.

But that said there is alot of info on that other site too, especially if you go waaaaay back before they had the idea of the advanced section. There is tons of stuff in the public forums that you'd be run out of town on a rail for asking over there. I suspect that is why their search function is "broken" so you can't find it as easily. Of course, you can always use google to search the site too and find that info ;)
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian

Return to Home Brew