FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Advise on a vise ?

<<

bouncer965

Post Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: Advise on a vise ?

HallisChalmers wrote:
Bad_Jason wrote:Sorry for the re-post. thanks for the link.

Actually, the topic thread I was looking for got deleted when the site went down for a couple of days last month.

Anyway, a vacuum based vise will have a tendency to slide on you. If you prop it on the coffee table, be prepared to scratch the hell out of it. I prefer a good heavy vise with flat base - or a clamp on.

Panavise makes a good vise w/ and assortment of different type bases, jaw configurations, etc.

http://www.panavise.com/index.html?pageID=1&page=full&--eqskudatarq=13
pan-301.jpg

I thought i'd asked the question too but that is the thread i was thinking off.....the deleted one lol
[“A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.”.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bouncer965
<<

Bad_Jason

Post Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:24 pm

Yeah, that looks pretty sweet. Thanks!

I am thinking of building a portable workstation of sorts that I can easily move around the house.

In theory it would have a 2 feet x 1 foot flat base, heavy and thick enough to screw mount a vise on to and perhaps even a tri-pick stand.. That way, I can pull it out whenever I want and set it on my coffee table or near my sitting area on my back porch. I'm a nerd, what can I say.

I'm going to HomeDepot after work to see what I can come with.

Thanks again,
~J
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:10 pm

Bad_Jason wrote:Yeah, that looks pretty sweet. Thanks!

I am thinking of building a portable workstation of sorts that I can easily move around the house.

In theory it would have a 2 feet x 1 foot flat base, heavy and thick enough to screw mount a vise on to and perhaps even a tri-pick stand.. That way, I can pull it out whenever I want and set it on my coffee table or near my sitting area on my back porch. I'm a nerd, what can I say.

I'm going to HomeDepot after work to see what I can come with.

Thanks again,
~J

Don't forget to put wheels on it. You know - some of those locking casters like they have on the big toolboxes. That way you can roll it around - then lock it down where you want it. Just an idea.
Previous

Return to Home Brew