FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

My picks (crazy/lockpickingmen)

<<

beingcurious

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:27 am

Re: My picks (crazy/lockpickingmen)

almost every music store has those. seen them couple of times. btw awesome templates crazy.
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:46 pm

First, a HUGE thanks to crazy for providing the templates, and for using them on video with such skill. It motivated me to hunt this stuff down for tool material. The feedback is exceptional, and the square pick handles are quite comfortable. I was skeptical at first, but these seemingly simple bits of wire are the real deal.

Now, I have some info I would like to share to clear up any confusion and possibly save people some aggrivated searching. I know it says piano chord in spanish, and it is called music wire in english, but you will NOT find it at any music shop, piano repair truck, musical instrument supply warehouse etc. It is a saying. Music wire in name only. I got an angry lecture for 30 minutes on the difference between the two by a guy who was old enough to have invented the damn piano :lol: He knew his musical instruments, their strings, the machines on which the wires were created, and he is the head guru at the only musical supply warehouse for hundreds of miles that has any sizeable amount of piano wire. Apparently, digital has all but killed the business. Basically, he said music wire is high carbon spring steel rod that has nothing to do with musical instruments other than it is made on similar machines from similar material and held to similar standards. I had been looking for it for some time, and even finding some the right size for a medecoder was proveing extremely difficult, as piano wire is measured in sizes like 9,13,7 etc and not in actual dimensions like the stuff you need.

After I beat the countryside in search of the stuff, I found "music wire" in the hardware store right next door, and in all of the exact sizes I required :lol: :evil: :lol: They are old school and still sell single screws, nails, hinges, tension rings... I would try a place like Ace that does the same thing. I have seen smaller displays in there as well. In stands that have good brass, and stainless steel bar stock. Usually they say something like Metal Working Hobbys. Maybe in a hobby, or craft shop, but not that I have found yet. It makes great tools, and the feedback is second to none. If you can find it. Happy hunting.

-Tooly
<<

abroxis

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:02 am

Seems that the link to crazy's pdf no longer works .

Would someone please repost a working link

thank you
<<

crazy

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:45 am

Fixed and updated :mrgreen:
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:12 pm

Hi Crazy, thanks for reuploading that, it is much appreciated!
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
<<

abroxis

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:12 am

Yes thanks for re uploading that .

Those are amazing templates

Much appreciated
Previous

Return to Home Brew