FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

CCL Sesamee decoder

<<

dontlook

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:42 am

CCL Sesamee decoder

After doing a fair bit of research on the CCL Sesamee, I can decode two wheels at a time(because the wheels for dial 1 & 2 are right up against each other). I make the tool out of soda can or shim stock .0015 or .0025 but its not rigid enough to be accurate enough to only reach one wheel and not the other.

Can folks recommend a material to make a decoder out of? I was thinking maybe a stronger can(like Guinness can)? Something with far less bend.

Here is a pic of a rough current tool. It is based on a1locksandkeys tool on youtube:

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Edit: fixed imgur image link
<<

WestCoastPicks

Familiar Face

Post Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:06 pm

Re: CCL Sesamee decoder

Get a pack of feeler guages. You can use most guages for lock stuff and the steel is usually 1095 high carbon with a decent Rockwell hardness.

Always works for me.
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:42 pm

WestCoastPicks wrote:Get a pack of feeler guages.

Yep. This.

Harbor Freight's tools are... well, not exactly the best. However, you can get little pocketknife-looking feeler gauge sets for around a buck when they're on sale.

I've always kept a couple of them around just as material for tool making. If I need a shim or other tool, I just pick out whatever thickness I need, then undo the retaining screw on the feeler gauge set and remove the piece so I can cut it into whatever shape I need. Maybe put a handle on it, depending on what it's for. The reason I always keep at least two of those folding feeler gauge sets is so I'll have more than one piece of metal in each thickness. For the next time.
<<

dontlook

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:26 pm

Hmmm did not think of Harbor Freight for feeler gauges. I have been through a lot of them for the Master175. I can definitely play with grinding down or cutting other thicknesses.

The soda can and .002 thickness metal are nice because they are easily cut, but bow easily so the different thicknesses may be needed. I'll try .004 and see how that goes.
<<

darksim905

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:59 am

Welcome, dontlook :)
<<

Josephus

Post Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:20 pm

I use around .010 in 1095 for Sesamee bypass tools. Not sure what would be best for decoding.
<<

WestCoastPicks

Familiar Face

Post Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:02 pm

.008 for me. That's why suggested the pack. It comes with almost all the guages, you can use the one that works best. And still have a ton of other guages for other things.
<<

dontlook

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:20 pm

Thanks, on first brush .004 with the cuts below seems to work but is abrasive, so the might be just a bit big.

Return to Home Brew