FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

DIY Euro rekey tool/follower?

<<

Mur670

Familiar Face

Post Mon May 02, 2016 2:51 am

DIY Euro rekey tool/follower?

Hey everyone,

Keen to see if anyone has made their own rekey tool/follower for doing Euro cylinders. Recently acquired a euro cylinder for picking practice and want to be able to rekey it without playing 'find that dam top pin and spring' in my home workshop.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Mon May 02, 2016 3:06 am

Re: DIY Euro rekey tool/follower?

I suppose it is a double euro or knobturn cylinder or something? You can use small disc magnets or wood dowel cut into short pieces. Fit them in 1 by 1 into the middle and use them to slowly push out the plug.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

escapenrv

Familiar Face

Post Mon May 02, 2016 6:23 am

I bent a wiper blade strip into a U shape. I used a wiper strip with a width that would fit into the front of the plug at the bottom of the keyway. The U was made to fit over the Bible on the other end.
The length of the U is such that it will fit into a 7 pin euro lock and any small pined lock.

I insert the tool into the keyway with the other long end of the U away from the keyway, as if it is hanging down. Wheh the plug is rotated 180 deg the other leg of the U fits over the bible and keeps the top pins in place and the plug can be removed leaving the tool in place. Sometimes I tape the part of the tool that is on top of the bible to prevent slipping. (I learned the hard way)
The driver pins/springs can be removed one stack at a time by with drawing the tool.

The driver pins and springs can be re loaded starting at the front and using the tool to hold each stack as it is loaded. I sometimes tape a bit of shrink tubing on top of the bible to act as a guide for the tool. This allows the tool to be moved in and out but keeps it from falling to the side and losing my work so far.
After the drivers are loaded and the tool is all the way in, I can insert the plug with the bottom pins so that the bottom of the keyway is lined up with the interior leg of the U.
The plug and tool can be rotated back to the correct position and the tool removed.

I did file a bit of slope on the end of the tool legs so they would get past the pins and shear line easier.

Hope this helps.... It has almost kept me from drinking and cursing :smile:

I could take a photo if anyone thinks it is needed.......
Steve
<<

MrAnybody

The Muffin Man
The Muffin Man

Post Mon May 02, 2016 12:24 pm

I did this a while back. Probably useful to you.

MrAnybody's Locks

DISCLAIMER: Reader may posit an understanding of what was written, while this may not coincide with the intended meaning of what is read. Use of brain is required. No purchase necessary. One size fits all, and may contain traces of gibberish.
<<

Malekal

Familiar Face

Post Mon May 02, 2016 3:07 pm

I did mine with a fork!
Malekal: I guess I'll try... I thought you had to go light
xeo: you do whatever the lock wants
<<

Werewolf

Familiar Face

Post Thu May 05, 2016 4:23 am

This is what we use. Its made from a 1.5mm steel wire. Should be possible as a DIY.
It holds the pins solidly in place and it's very stable.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Who are you and how did you get in here ?"
"I'm the locksmith , and i'm a locksmith"

Return to Home Brew