FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

some new picks for on the go ;) tell me what you think.

<<

pinhead1304

Familiar Face

Post Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:18 am

Re: some new picks for on the go ;) tell me what you think.

frantic57744 wrote:they,re really good bro,,,, i gotta get me a vice and a decent set of files :mrgreen:

thanks bud.
ye i know what u man i don't have a vice either which is a pain when you try and gt everything even.
A zealous locksmith died of late,

And did arrive at heaven gate,

He stood without and would not knock,

Because he meant to pick the lock.
<<

m0ose

Post Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:28 am

frantic57744 wrote:they,re really good bro,,,, i gotta get me a vice and a decent set of files :mrgreen:

From experience, just go for a cheepy vice. So long as it bolts to your table and has a vice-like grip, that's all you need. Obviously you can get a swiveling turning bending thing, but in reality, it can be a budget breaker and over kill.
<<

GutterClown

Post Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:02 am

m0ose wrote:From experience, just go for a cheepy vice. So long as it bolts to your table and has a vice-like grip, that's all you need. Obviously you can get a swiveling turning bending thing, but in reality, it can be a budget breaker and over kill.

From my experience, go for a decent vice. Not a cheapy, and certainly not a spinny flippy thing.

Go to a local metalwork shop and ask what brand they use, I'm not sure about overseas but in australia, if you want a vice, you get a Dawn.

I was talking to the Locksmithing technical training institute just a few months ago, they got donated 15 cheap vices, and within 12 months they were all canned.
Don't waste your money, buy a vice that's suited for you (engineers, offset, with anvil \ without, pipe jaws, etc.) and you'll never need to buy another one.

Also try Chainsaw files when you're shaping your picks. they work especially well on hacksaws, because they won't dull on springsteel.
<<

frantic57744

Familiar Face

Post Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:52 pm

Hey pinhead!! don,t forget you still owe me a lock!! I had to bust my balls in freezing cold wind and rain to buy that lock, if that ain,t bad enough i,ve had to trawl through bins at the local bus depot to get the inserts you had off me remember those :shock: further to that i rushed down the post office had to pay to park my car!!! then spend more of my hard earned money posting the dammed thing!!! that money is the bread out of my mouth sunshine :evil: SO YOU OWE ME A LOCK !!!!!! :x
http://www.youtube.com/user/frantic57744

A diplomat is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip.
<<

pinhead1304

Familiar Face

Post Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:44 pm

i have pm'd you
A zealous locksmith died of late,

And did arrive at heaven gate,

He stood without and would not knock,

Because he meant to pick the lock.
<<

frantic57744

Familiar Face

Post Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:47 am

Many Many thanks pinhead for the lock (woohoo)
http://www.youtube.com/user/frantic57744

A diplomat is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip.
<<

Clutch

Post Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:22 am

Very handy with the files i see... nice job bro!!
Previous

Return to Home Brew