FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

First homebrew picks

<<

Jinglesanator

Post Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:26 pm

First homebrew picks

I made my first homebrew picks today out of hacksaw blades. They suck a lot! So much so that I don't even want to post a pic... :). I am keeping one small short hook in my wallet just in case! They suck because the hacksaw blade broke within the first 7 seconds of picking. Now I see why hacksaw blades make really bad lockpicks. Now I will have to find some drainsnake or windshield wiper blade inserts. I may post a pic if you really want to see my horrible handywork...:) first time using a grinder... :D
Image Keep on Pushin'
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:09 pm

Re: First homebrew picks

imo, the only good thing hacksaw blades are for is practicing/learning how to grind.
they make garbage picks...(usually snap off inside the lock.)
i thought this might help..it shows the best type of knife to use,and shows the best placement
of your template, making use of the existing taper in the width of the steel....
the thickest part of the blade creates a comfy grip against your fingers,and thins out towards the tip..i leave the handle on, while grinding,to act as a heat sink,and something to hang onto,
then i clip the blade off at the hilt,with boltcutters,dremel cutoff wheel,or a hacksaw.
then finish up with hand files and emery cloth.
good luck jingles..=)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

Jinglesanator

Post Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:34 pm

Re: First homebrew picks

THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!!!! That basically sums up your 12 vid series in a paragraph! :D No luck with the butter knives yet, but I can get a drain snake or if I'm lucky, some truck wiper blades... :D Has anyone ever told you, you were awesome??? (woohoo)
Image Keep on Pushin'

Return to Home Brew