FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Double Ended `City`? Rakes

<<

Wozzlock

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:39 pm

Double Ended `City`? Rakes

Something I knocked up tonight, trying to accommodate high pins at the front or high pins at the back. The overall ramp of the ridges could have been steeper but there ya go!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:11 pm

Re: Double Ended `City`? Rakes

Ever thought about putting a slight notch right in the middle - right about where your thumb would rest? The reason I say that is because, when I rake, I tend rest the pick on my thumb...and it would seem that a notch may give you a better grip on thin picks.

Just a thought.
<<

Wozzlock

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:15 pm

Yeah, I like that idea!
<<

GutterClown

Post Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:26 am

Or even use a few extra smaller pieces of heatshink at the ends of the handle before you put the one cover piece over, giving a slightly recessed center, without losing the strength
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:08 pm

wozz, sandwich a couple of shorter pieces of insert into your (double-walled) shrink-tubing,with 2-part epoxy resin (liquid steel is best)
in the middle of the "sandwich"
then slide your double ended pick right down the center, and quickly wipe off the excess glue,
and heat your shrink tubing., then one more wrap of tubing over that...its a tired and true method i have been using on my bogas,
and just a few days a go tried it on 2 double-ended rakes...
with excellent results.
NOTE:this works good for most rakes,or dimple picks,because the handles end up being round.
the rigidity of this method is amazing.

oh and i see your rakes are like mirrors...i find that the after you hit your tools with the finest sandpaper,steel wool / SOS pads really bring out the luster in the steel.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

xlockpick

Familiar Face

Post Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:45 am

Nice looking Rakes!! Well made m8!!

Return to Home Brew