FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

My Home Brews

<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon May 04, 2015 3:39 pm

My Home Brews

Thanks to Barracuda for posting his first home brews, I remembered that I wanted to share mine too. So here they gos.

The metal is obviously wind shield wiper inserts as I have an Auto Zone just 5m walk from me so I have plenty of metal in all standard sizes and even in some unusual sizes.

Pick 1: Bogota made for a member on here but my horrible memory with names fails me again. I did a trade and my end was this pick. handle is made from plasti-dip which has a great feel to it. I left the tip of handle to stamp initials but I planned to do it at the end which was a mistake so by then it was to late.

Pick 2: A Dimple pick which is a standard Flag. Pick works great and the handle are thanks to Wiz. He gave the idea on youtube to take more inserts and add them with shrink tube. It worked great but still need more work to shape those ends of the extra inserts so they arent sticking out.

Pick 3: Im sure everyone knows this one as Bill did a great how to video on these handles. Since I watched his video half a year ago I have been looking for brass rode ever since until my great buddy Lock Butcher sent me some rode for a totally different project which I used. The tips are as follows: Left Dimple, Bogota and Gem so all that is missing from a completed kit is a tension tool lol. I had some trial and errors learned from making this handle so if anyone is interested in making one let me know and Ill save you some time and material.

I also have a few ideas on how to make handles from plastic but thats a much much later project.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Barracuda559

Familiar Face

Post Mon May 04, 2015 5:20 pm

Re: My Home Brews

Nicely done show off! Haha jk. I definitely need some more practice.
<<

just1pick+open

Post Mon May 04, 2015 5:27 pm

Very nice indeed ! Good stuff Papa
xeo: i use an electric buzzer exclusively for my ass that gets sanitized afterwards
PhoneMan: would have freaked my friend out if hed come over
MBI: Most anything goes.
PhoneMan: way to give me nightmares
selim: ok then blow your load,, i'll take anything free now a day's
<<

Doogs

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon May 04, 2015 6:19 pm

Beautiful work Papa! I especially like the interchangeable handle w/ 3 profiles (don't know what else to call it).

P.S. I just scavenged a dozen sweeper blades from the side of the road so hopefully I can get my slovenly ass in gear and turn them into something at least as half as nice as what you did.
The other, other, other, other Mike

(21:55:20) HAL 9001RC:: Heh heh uh heh uh heh uh uh heh PhoneMan said ass
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Mon May 04, 2015 6:33 pm

Seems every time I see you venture into another facet of this hobby, you kill it! Very nice work there.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon May 04, 2015 7:48 pm

I didn't think much of them at first which is why I didn't post them as I made them but thank you very much. Guess I under estimated my craftsmanship.

Dogs, I personally hate cleaning truck bristle because the metal is horrible. It has no spring at all. Well maybe a tiny bit of spring but if you bent it 90 degrees it will snap but inserts will not.
<<

escher7

Post Tue May 05, 2015 2:47 am

I like your warded pick.
<<

Rickwales

Post Tue May 05, 2015 5:12 am

Great work, especially the bottom bogota. Beautiful curves and highly finished, impressive work there.
<<

gnarus8429

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue May 05, 2015 5:15 am

I traded Papa for the first pick pictured with the black plasti dip handle. Very nice. Great craftsmanship. The devil is always in the details and he definitely paid attention to them.
I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.
-Albert Einstein
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue May 05, 2015 10:47 am

Haha yep Gnarus is the owner of my very first pick. Thank you all very much for the kind words. I tried pick making with a bench grinder and enjoyed it very much so there are plans for the near future plus I have stainless steel stock waiting to be made.

Escher which is the warded pick?
<<

flywheel

Post Tue May 05, 2015 10:55 am

Very nice. I'm beginning to think you can do it all.
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue May 05, 2015 11:37 am

Wow that coming from FlyWheel? Thanks mate much appreciated.
<<

escher7

Post Tue May 05, 2015 3:37 pm

Papa Gleb wrote:Haha yep Gnarus is the owner of my very first pick. Thank you all very much for the kind words. I tried pick making with a bench grinder and enjoyed it very much so there are plans for the near future plus I have stainless steel stock waiting to be made.

Escher which is the warded pick?

The one that is on the three pick design looks like it is for a warded lock - no? Doesn't seem to be for a pin tumbler. Actually gave me an idea for a non-pin tumbler design I might try.
<<

rerun12

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue May 05, 2015 6:27 pm

i like your style PG, lovin that flag :drool:
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand.
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue May 05, 2015 7:24 pm

That side pick is for dimple locks usually referred to as a flag due to its similar appearance.

Thanks ReRun. I plan to find or make a thin carry case or tune of sorts for it so it can easily fit into a pocket without taking up much space or maybe even make something that attaches to the actual handle to hold all of the tips.
Next

Return to Home Brew