FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

My first home brew picks

<<

Barracuda559

Familiar Face

Post Mon May 04, 2015 2:56 pm

My first home brew picks

I just wanted to show off my first attempts at pick making. One gem type and a bogota out of windshield wiper inserts. After seriously considering dropping $40 on some Peterson's (picks + shipping). I decided to just spend a couple bucks at the local car grave yard, a file, and some time in the garage.

Also I wanted to thank Rickwales for convincing me to just make them myself.

2015-05-04 13.44.31.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon May 04, 2015 3:10 pm

Re: My first home brew picks

Well there is more to peterson then just a pick. You need to keep in mind their metal is much better and will last much longer than wind shield wiper inserts plus their plastic handles are just amazing but great work mate. Explain what handles those are? Is that electric tape?
<<

Barracuda559

Familiar Face

Post Mon May 04, 2015 3:38 pm

Papa Gleb wrote:Well there is more to peterson then just a pick. You need to keep in mind their metal is much better and will last much longer than wind shield wiper inserts plus their plastic handles are just amazing but great work mate. Explain what handles those are? Is that electric tape?

No doubt, and I do still want some Peterson picks. As far as the handles goes. They're basically rubber strips that stick to itself but not the picks. Not the prettiest but they're comfortable and don't dampen too much of the feedback.

20150504_142952.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Mon May 04, 2015 6:41 pm

If that's your first attempt at making some picks... I'd say you're off to a hell-of-a good start.

Now for the question; I know you've taken em' for a ride, lol. So what have you popped with em'?
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

Barracuda559

Familiar Face

Post Mon May 04, 2015 7:14 pm

Oldfast wrote:If that's your first attempt at making some picks... I'd say you're off to a hell-of-a good start.

Now for the question; I know you've taken em' for a ride, lol. So what have you popped with em'?

Hahaha, every lock on my house. Including the security door (which isn't very secure), I can pick two dead bolts and two knobs in less than a minute with the bogota (I think I need new locks). I also used the gem on one of MrWizards locks. It's full of serrated and spools.
<<

Rickwales

Post Tue May 05, 2015 12:55 am

Bloody hell, great first attempt. Very rewarding using your own picks, gave me such a buzz when I popped my first with mine.

Well done. An yep, lets see ya vids.
<<

escher7

Post Tue May 05, 2015 2:43 am

Barracuda559 wrote:I just wanted to show off my first attempts at pick making. One gem type and a bogota out of windshield wiper inserts. After seriously considering dropping $40 on some Peterson's (picks + shipping). I decided to just spend a couple bucks at the local car grave yard, a file, and some time in the garage.

Also I wanted to thank Rickwales for convincing me to just make them myself.

2015-05-04 13.44.31.jpg

I respect everyone's opinion but I would suggest you try Southord or Sparrow bofore spending bucks on Peterson. They are both manufactured from top quality stainless, and are priced reasonably. My experience with Peterson, especially their thinner models is that they bend far too easily.
<<

flywheel

Post Tue May 05, 2015 10:59 am

That gem profile looks slick. The mirror polish really adds to it's appeal.
<<

l0ckcr4ck3r

Familiar Face

Post Tue May 05, 2015 5:34 pm

Awesome work!! let alone for a first shot at it :shock:
<<

rerun12

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue May 05, 2015 6:24 pm

+10 on that gem pick..great work man. if these are your first makes id love to see whats to come
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand.

Return to Home Brew