FAQ  •  My feedback  •  Feedback
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Dual Component Key Casting

<<

MrAnybody

The Muffin Man
The Muffin Man

Post Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:39 am

Re: Dual Component Key Casting

Great to come back and revisit this topic after my original post last year.

I put to one side the quest for ultra-low viscosity silicones, and went for the silicon putty method instead. But I do plan to get back to the ultra-low dental silicones at some point.

The method I'm using here is nothing new, but I think it's worth a demo since I had it all out today. It's simple and compact, it can be done pretty much anywhere without burning holes in any of your fleshy parts, can be done on the vast majority of keys (including restricted) and, above all, it's fun :D

Mind you, without doubt it also demonstrates yet another reason to NOT leave your keys laying around unattended. All a bad guy needs is to separate a key from the owner for 5 minutes to produce a mold (if they had a casting box pre-loaded). From that, they could then walk off and produce any number of copies in their own time, regardless of if it's a restricted hi-sec key or not.

Anyhow, put the kettle on, find some worthwhile cookies, and ..... enjoy

MrAnybody's Locks

DISCLAIMER: Reader may posit an understanding of what was written, while this may not coincide with the intended meaning of what is read. Use of brain is required. No purchase necessary. One size fits all, and may contain traces of gibberish.
<<

darksim905

Familiar Face

Post Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:49 pm

Re: Dual Component Key Casting

I'll be watching this later for sure after I get home from work. Awesome work MrAnybody :)
Previous

Return to Pin Tumbler Impressioning