FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Marks

<<

DennisK

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:11 pm

Re: Marks

magician59 wrote:I concur with Wizard: Kwikset is a terrible lock for a beginner to impression. The original pins have wider flats, making for the wider cuts in the keys. If your filed cuts aren't properly widened, you may never have success.

I have developed a method of gauging (decoding) the cut depths, after the lock has been picked. This is related to my method of generating keys to certain padlocks, including Master locks. It is sort of a "hybrid" impressioning/decoding, that was born out of this aging man's fading vision. I use it for generating keys for locks that have no codes, like Master, and other brand padlocks, file cabinet and mail box locks, and even a handful of door locks. I've been meaning to make a tutorial to share with the forum; but lack the videography equipment and skills.

Come on magician,you can't just leave me hanging; share man! :drool:
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:59 pm

Come on magician,you can't just leave me hanging; share man! :drool:[/quote]

You didn't read my last sentence? The technique is too complex to share without video.
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

C locked

Familiar Face

Post Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:50 pm

At least tell us if it is a tool or a modified key.
Previous

Return to Pin Tumbler Impressioning