FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Oldfast Impressions

<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:43 pm

Re: Oldfast Impressions

Wow Mike, that is some awesome work. You should have let me know as I have a few references that could have helped you with the cuts if the locks had codes on them.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

Lauren

Post Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:43 pm

oops.
<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:31 am

Awesome job on that key. I'm in the process of making one for a similar lock and am very happy to see you've already made one. This gives me confidence.

Cheers :)
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:04 pm

Thanks guys!

flywheel wrote:Hey Oldfast, when you look in the mirror every morning do you say to yourself, "Goddamn, I'm awesome!"
Just curious. Great work. :hbg:
HA! :rofl: I usually feel pretty awesome UNTIL I look in the mirror. lol

Riyame wrote:Wow Mike, that is some awesome work. You should have let me know as I have a few references that could have helped you with the cuts if the locks had codes on them.

I don't foresee working on many of these any time soon, but I would absolutely love
to gather and store any info I can get on them for future use. I'll pm ya some time
and see what ya got. ALWAYS appreciated!

I also have plans to make 2-3 different sized tensors that will allow me to pick the
variety of sizes these locks come in. I have a long ways to go in terms of picking
these things though. Some of them can be a real bitch. It's quite surprising really.

femurat wrote:Awesome job on that key. I'm in the process of making one for a similar lock and am very happy to see you've already made one. This gives me confidence.
I seen that! It's coming along nicely.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:58 am

Mike, when you started this thread you wanted to find a way to make the new shiny keys look more dull to match the antique patina full padlocks you were working with, well here is a solution I found to this issue which is pretty cheap and doesnt look like it will come off easy.

AT THIS POINT STOP READING AND LOOK AT THE PICTURES

As you can see the key is much darker and then original and this is all thanks to brakleen. The dark spots are oils from my fingers when handling and you can even see a finger print smug.

Instruction:
1. Get a glass jar
2. Fill with brakleen (WARNING: stuff stinks bad and harmful so plenty of ventilation blah blah blah and special chem gloves which can be picked up at the auto store you get the brakleen from)
3. Take your piece of brass and handle it all around. The longer the better.
4. Drop into the jar and let soak.

The longer you let it sit the darker it will get. I let this key sit for 2-3 weeks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Oldfast

Post Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:53 pm

Hmmm. Brakleen eh? I never would've thought. Might have to do some experimenting some time
when I get back into doing keys. 2-3 wks though! Wounder if that can be accelerated somehow.

Thanks Gleb!
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:44 am

I think if I would have handled the keys more, the effect would be darker and faster.
Previous

Return to Pin Tumbler Impressioning