FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Medeco impressioning ?

<<

Froggy

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:06 pm

Medeco impressioning ?

I've heard some advanced locksmiths have opened some Medeco and Emhart locks by impressioning

I would like to know how it could be done ?

is there someone who has already impressioned such a lock ?

I guess once you are on the shear line you have to giggle your blank in and out to set some angle cut pins and look for angled marks on the blank blade then keep on filing slighly ? Right ?

any advice ?

thanx in advance for your feed back
<<

Altashot

Post Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:45 pm

Re: Medeco impressioning ?

I have done it. Impressioning to the shear line is fairly easy but I made the cuts wide to allow the pins to rotate. Then, as you said, jiggle, rattle and shake. Then you can take it apart to make a proper key.
<<

Froggy

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:12 am

some questions: do you see some "oriented marks" when some pins are set on the sidebar or when some pins are almost cut and are reaching the shear line ?

I have to find out some locks and blanks cause over her ein Europe we don't have a lot of these locks in use
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:22 am

Altashot wrote:I have done it. Impressioning to the shear line is fairly easy but I made the cuts wide to allow the pins to rotate. Then, as you said, jiggle, rattle and shake. Then you can take it apart to make a proper key.

Nice job, I'm not sure I've ever heard anyone say they've impressioned one before.
<<

Altashot

Post Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:09 pm

Thank MBI! During down time at the shop some other guys and I used to have "contests" for fun.
This was one of them. 3 of us at our shop had heard of it and did it and another locksmith friend did it too. I since did it a few times, not in the field, it take way too long, but just for show. It is not unheard of around here. I knew someone that did a cam lock. -RIP.
The "shaking" of the pins into position is a hit and miss. If you return the plug to "noon" you have to shake again. It is not a true impression that works like a key. only depth. I did do ONE for a Biaxial that fully worked "as a key". I'll leave the details out, but with the process of elimination, A LOT of tweaking and about, depending on the bitting, 30-40 key blanks. It can be done.

M.
<<

Froggy

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:44 am

thanx for your feed back

so if you have the depth cut chart ... it could speed up the process

I'm looking to get some locks and blanks cause some of these locks are now selling in FR ... in particular they are selling now the Medeco Duracam locks over here which seems to be easier to pick and may be ... to impression !!

it should be a good challenge ... even for fun !

Return to Pin Tumbler Impressioning