FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

can i copy an SC4 to an SC40?

<<

CrookieMonster

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:11 am

can i copy an SC4 to an SC40?

i have a friend that works at a hardware store and can copy keys for me for free.. im planning on ordering a Schlage SC4 Bump Key - 6 Pin.. can i have this key copied to an SC20 so itll be a 6pin "master key" meaning itll work on SC4-SC9-SC10-SC15-SC20? it says that they are both the same besides the keyway? thanks in advance.. i ask this because itd be a lot cheaper to have it copied then to pay a rediculous ammount for an SC20.. and for those that have been following my other thread i am going to go ahead and order the basic set from bumpkey.us which includes the SC4 and have a bunch of copies made of each so i can have a "master set" and a bunch of other sets that i can modify without worrying about ruining the originals..
edit: the title is obviously supposaedly to read SC20 not SC40 if a mod could change this for me itd be greatly appreciated..
2nd edit: should i order from [edited] or [edited]??
3rd edit: i just found out about the SC19 5pin "master key" for schlage.. can i get the SC1 and have it copied to a SC19? same question as first just different number of pins // cuts..
Last edited by CrookieMonster on Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:28 am

Re: can i copy an SC4 to an SC40?

the bump I orderd a million years ago is an sc20... it fits in many schlage profiles and 5 or 6 pin. plus the face that there is more metal missing from the sides of the profile just aid the bumping process... it is the only bump key i have succeeded actually using.
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

CrookieMonster

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:43 am

LocksmithArmy wrote:the bump I orderd a million years ago is an sc20... it fits in many schlage profiles and 5 or 6 pin. plus the face that there is more metal missing from the sides of the profile just aid the bumping process... it is the only bump key i have succeeded actually using.

can i should be able to copy an SC4 to an SC20 since the only difference is the keyway correct?
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:55 am

yes...
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

thelockoutguys

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:10 pm

let us know how long it takes to get your order.

Return to Bump Keys