FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Bumpkey.us Site

<<

Swamp Picker

Post Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:08 am

Bumpkey.us Site

Before I start, yes I made a mistake and did not research the company before buying, but this might save someone else some money, time, and effort. I placed an order with Bumpkey.us on May 15, 2015. The order totaled 212.45 US dollars. I received an email almost immediately indicating that my order was being "Processed". A week went by and when I checked the site again, the status of the order had been changed to "Complete" and a USPS tracking number 9405510200986365474457 was given on the site. This was on May 20, 2015 which only indicated that a label had been generated. I sent several messages via the on site contact us order. I received no replies. The USPS label status did not change. On May 29, 2015 I researched and found that several others had been scammed by this site. Further research with Google earth shows a vacant/abandoned building at the address listed. I then filed a claim dispute with Paypal. I sent two messages since then but neither one has been answered. There is a lot of information about the site which I should have researched but did not. So, in another five days, I will call the Florida Sec. of State and find out who is listed at the President of ACT Lock and Key. I then plan to issue a warrant for his arrest for violation of Louisiana Revised Statutes LRS 14:67 Theft. Following that I will set up a meeting with the FBI and US Postal Inspectors to file changes for wire fraud and mail fraud. Bottom, line, like everyone has told me, research before you leap. Bumpkey.us is a scam.

If this is the incorrect location for this post, please move it to the correct location.
<<

pmaxey83

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:17 am

Re: Bumpkey.us Site

Sorry to hear you had to deal with this. Thank you for the heads up though!! Hope you end up at least getting your money back.
jeffmoss26: pardon my ignorance to the real world, but what started all this mess in B'more
jeffmoss26: it's bad enough that city has the Ravens

(14:36:27) MBI: I was here for 2 seconds once.
(14:36:27) MBI: kthxbai
<<

Doogs

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:57 pm

Damn Swamp Picker that totally sucks to be ripped off like that. However I am glad you are taking measures to recover your funds and put the screws to the lowlifes that did this. I hope you get your money back and see justice done.
The other, other, other, other Mike

(21:55:20) HAL 9001RC:: Heh heh uh heh uh heh uh uh heh PhoneMan said ass
<<

norwoodgolf

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:03 pm

I ordered some bump keys from them several years ago. It took exactly one year and one day for my order to arrive. I sent them emails during that time and they never replied even one time. Nice bump keys though...
<<

hintss

Post Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:30 pm

I'm just curious how you managed to spend $200 on bump keys...
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:36 pm

hintss wrote:I'm just curious how you managed to spend $200 on bump keys...

Probably bought 1 of every set would be my guess plus bump hammers and what not.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:37 pm

Swamp Picker wrote:Before I start, yes I made a mistake and did not research the company before buying, but this might save someone else some money, time, and effort. I placed an order with Bumpkey.us on May 15, 2015. The order totaled 212.45 US dollars. I received an email almost immediately indicating that my order was being "Processed". A week went by and when I checked the site again, the status of the order had been changed to "Complete" and a USPS tracking number 9405510200986365474457 was given on the site. This was on May 20, 2015 which only indicated that a label had been generated. I sent several messages via the on site contact us order. I received no replies. The USPS label status did not change. On May 29, 2015 I researched and found that several others had been scammed by this site. Further research with Google earth shows a vacant/abandoned building at the address listed. I then filed a claim dispute with Paypal. I sent two messages since then but neither one has been answered. There is a lot of information about the site which I should have researched but did not. So, in another five days, I will call the Florida Sec. of State and find out who is listed at the President of ACT Lock and Key. I then plan to issue a warrant for his arrest for violation of Louisiana Revised Statutes LRS 14:67 Theft. Following that I will set up a meeting with the FBI and US Postal Inspectors to file changes for wire fraud and mail fraud. Bottom, line, like everyone has told me, research before you leap. Bumpkey.us is a scam.

It truly amazes me how long people like this are allowed to continue with business... even with evidence mounting.
I'd imagine it's due to the fact that not enough people are willing to take the action you've described above.
They'd rather just write it off as a loss than deal with the headache of it all. So I applaud your efforts.

I know it's only been a couple months now. But any updates?
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

jharveee

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:32 pm

Your tracking # says it was delivered.
"Your item was delivered in or at the mailbox at 3:53 pm on June 13, 2015 in ADDIS, LA 70710."
Did you finally get your products?(I hope so).

Thanks for the heads up.
<<

escher7

Post Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:57 pm

If the order was delivered June 13, that makes it about 28 days. Not good service, but hardly a scam worthy of FBI etc.

Return to Bump Keys