FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Best Place to buy bump keys for locks in the United States?

<<

C0mmanderCha0s

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:47 pm

Best Place to buy bump keys for locks in the United States?

What is the best site for buying bump keys for locks in the United States? I've been researching sites for a while, but am curious what the members of this board's opinions are now. What about where to buy a Tomahawk like the one used by Marc Tobias uses?
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:43 pm

Re: Best Place to buy bump keys for locks in the United Stat

C0mmanderCha0s wrote:What is the best site for buying bump keys for locks in the United States? I've been researching sites for a while, but am curious what the members of this board's opinions are now. What about where to buy a Tomahawk like the one used by Marc Tobias uses?

You can buy bump keys at: bumpkey-dot-us or http://www.bump-j.com/shop/index.php?gclid=CJPl8baBhJsCFRAMDQodxCnMoA

Bump hammers: http://www.lockpicks.com/bumpingkeysandtools.aspx

Bump keys are a field in which I have little experience. Some of the pro locksmiths on here have their own opinions of what's good or bad so I won't pretend to speak for them.

Ultimately, it all depends on the accuracy of the key tolerances reference depth and spacing (ergo the key cutting machine) - and most importantly, the technique of the user.
<<

C0mmanderCha0s

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:09 am

Re: Best Place to buy bump keys for locks in the United States?

Thank you both. That was a great help. I heard Peterson mentioned for bump keys as well. Any validity here? They want $4.00 per key. Peterson's website says the following;

Bump Keys: $4.00 ea.

Get the best Bang for your Bump! Heavy raps or light, Peterson bump keys are precision cut to give lock tumblers that clean, consistent launch with every strike. Our extensive offering of keyways insures that you will always have just the one you need.

You must be a security professional, and be able to prove it, to purchase these bump keys.

Any thoughts if they'll sell bump keys to locksport competitors or members of this site?
Tomahawk or Peterson's blue bump hammer?
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:16 am

C0mmanderCha0s wrote:Thank you both. That was a great help. I heard Peterson mentioned for bump keys as well. Any validity here? They want $4.00 per key. Peterson's website says the following;

Bump Keys: $4.00 ea.

Get the best Bang for your Bump! Heavy raps or light, Peterson bump keys are precision cut to give lock tumblers that clean, consistent launch with every strike. Our extensive offering of keyways insures that you will always have just the one you need.

You must be a security professional, and be able to prove it, to purchase these bump keys.

Any thoughts if they'll sell bump keys to locksport competitors or members of this site?
Tomahawk or Peterson's blue bump hammer?

I've purchased several lockpicks and from Peterson's and they never asked me to prove anything. Then again I didn't mention the items were for locksport.

I don't know if they'll sell bumpkeys to the general public - maybe someone else on here can tell you if they had any luck.

As for the hammer - I have the blue Brockhage standard, but to be honest, I don't know which of these is better.

Wish I had better answers.
<<

GutterClown

Post Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:36 am

Petersons have to cover their arse in regards to selling to the 'public'.
But they'll sell anything to anyone.

I've made a few bumphammers out of Balsa wood, and layers of Nylon board.
<<

C0mmanderCha0s

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:41 am

Thanks for you input. That was a great help. I'll order the keys today. Peterson is supposed to have good quality bump keys correct?
<<

Jinglesanator

Post Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:52 pm

i've heard that peterson's is good but i'm not much of a lock bumper so don't take my word for it. :mrgreen:
Image Keep on Pushin'
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:10 pm

honestly, i would make them myself. :?
i mean, yes it is nice to have the machine cut ones, but if you honestly take your time making them and pay attention to filing, you can make great ones.
normally if i buy machine cut ones, i modify them anyways, so to me making them is best.
<<

GutterClown

Post Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:20 pm

Buy from somewhere that's not the cheapest, but also not the most costly.

If petersons price comes up affordable, go for it.
But a bumpkey is a bumpkey. it's still brass, and it's still only cut on an Unocode. There's nothing special about them.
<<

Jinglesanator

Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:02 pm

keymaker wrote:When editing my profile it had the option for locksmith and I left it on that....is that what youre talking about?

Yeah, i thought it used to show up next to what you write..but i am wrong cuz i have mine set to hobbyist but it doesn't show up. :D
Image Keep on Pushin'
<<

BumpKey.US

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:30 am

Hey guys,

Jim here from bumpkey-dot-us .

I won't post a shameless plug without posting a coupon at least. (LOL)

So -- the next 4 customers who enter coupon code 'keypicking.com' in at checkout @ BumpKey.US will save 50% off their order.
If you snag a set of 11 the price will be LESS than $1.80 per key shipped to any door in the USA.

Our keys are cut by professionals on an Intralock 9700A . This machine is serious business and makes perfect keys 99% of the time.
On a side note, will also have more depth key sets up in the coming days. If you'd like to get a depth key set instead of a bump key set, let us know which set you want. Chances are if we have the keys in bump keys we will have the keys for a set of depth keys.

The coupon code will expire on 8-31-2009 at 00:00:00 or after 4 uses, which ever is first.

(woohoo) Also, the next person who lives in the USA to post in this thread can choose a $15 gift certificate over the coupon if they so desire. One or the other. If you post next and use the coupon you are not eligible for the gift cert. Lets just K.I.S.S. and fair (woohoo)

Thanks,

***Just a note from the keypicking admin, this user/vendor has been banned from this site. Buy at your own risk.***
Jim
<<

Site Admin

Post Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:13 am

As many of you here would know, Bumpkey-dot-us is a very reputable business and has been around long before even started picking and i have bought many things from them in the past and all my orders have been faultless.

And please the lucky ones who manage to get the 50% off, Go ahead and write a review on both product and service and post it in the product reviews Category.

Thanks
Lew

***Just a note from the CURRENT keypicking admin, this previous admin has been banned from this site. Heed his advice at your own risk.***
<<

El Abogado

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:34 pm

GutterClown wrote:Petersons have to cover their arse in regards to selling to the 'public'.
But they'll sell anything to anyone.

I've made a few bumphammers out of Balsa wood, and layers of Nylon board.

I have had exceptional luck using a 1 X 2 piece of spruce about 14 inches long as a bump hammer. It gives the right amount of force without being too strong, and because spruce is a hardwood, it won't splinter and break like pine will do. Cheap but effective. Birch also works well.
<<

RobertVaughn

Post Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:31 pm

I can tell you two places not to buy bump keys. I have been lied to, misled and run around by bumpmylock.com and by bumpkeyshop.com ... This isn't slander, I'd be glad to show my proof of purchase emails and phony shipping notifications by them both. I have ordered bump keys as of today from a 3rd company out in Arizona... I am really hoping the third time is the charm. When I can attest to their honesty I will. Take care everyone!
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:56 am

RobertVaughn wrote:I can tell you two places not to buy bump keys. I have been lied to, misled and run around by bumpmylock.com and by bumpkeyshop.com ... This isn't slander, I'd be glad to show my proof of purchase emails and phony shipping notifications by them both. I have ordered bump keys as of today from a 3rd company out in Arizona... I am really hoping the third time is the charm. When I can attest to their honesty I will. Take care everyone!

Were these experiences recent or a while back? What happened?
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
Next

Return to Bump Keys