FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Comb Picks and more...

<<

Hobbs

Post Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:59 pm

Comb Picks and more...

I purchased a couple sets of comb picks which are, as most of you know, not really picks but bypass tools. Funny thing is, I understand the concept, but I have not found a lock they work on yet!

I have owned a Peterson Knife for a few years now but have used it very little, do any of you have any experience with the combs or the other BP tools from Peterson or perhaps the older Lockmasters (I think they were made by them) for American Lock Co. Padlocks?
<<

.45cal

Global Moderator

Post Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: Comb Picks and more...

It depends on the biting of the lock as soon as to have a #1 or 2 cut the pin stacks wont fit. Also some of the higher quality locks make sure there pin stack cant fit into the bible. Try some cheepo locks and it should work. As for the American bypass Awol did a video on the security wafers.
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:54 pm

Hobbs wrote:I purchased a couple sets of comb picks which are, as most of you know, not really picks but bypass tools. Funny thing is, I understand the concept, but I have not found a lock they work on yet!

Fast fwd to 4:00 - comb pick at work on a Camel! Also try a Master or American - as that camel had a cylinder similar to an American/Master. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzBzAgO1cH4
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:31 pm

I have never been able to use my comb picks, they are more of a novelty item it seems, the locks they would probably work on, are easy to pick anyways. Be very careful using them, as you can get them stuck inside of good locks, and you may not be able to get them out!
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:54 am

They can be handy in a pinch if say you turned a plug to 180 after picking and the keypins dropped in partway and were preventing the plug from turning.

edited to make more sense...
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
<<

loki

Familiar Face

Post Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:27 am

Comb picks are interesting to play with. They work alright on inexpensive locks.
Beware, comb tools can become trapped in a cylinder quite easily. Use at your own risk.

Can be had on the cheap from Asia vendors.
<<

popded

Post Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:20 am

Comb picks work well on cheap PRC padlocks. Apart from there, I wouldn't go stuffing them anywhere else, especially a high-sec lock where you know beforehand that it won't do any good. :smile:
<<

uklockpicker

The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor
The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor

Post Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:31 pm

Keep your eye's out for a few tri circle padlocks
<<

piotr

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:31 pm

For a comb pick to work you need unbalanced and/or short pin stacks. Most manufacturers ensure that their pin stacks can't be compressed into the bible. Interestingly the Falle-Safe comb pick set includes (or at least once included) a wedge so that you can force the pin stacks into the bible (ouch). This is obviously bad for the lock because you are at the least deforming the springs or at worst popping the top of the bible off. I have the set of comb picks from China and I would only try them on cheap locks, but I haven't played with them yet.

Regarding other bypass tools, I am able to bypass several Masterlock padlocks and other cheap padlocks using a knife-like device (I just use an old pick with a sharpened point). You slip the "knife" into the keyway, passed the pin stack and manually retract the bolt that holds that holds the shackle. Awol/wizwazzle has a few videos on Youtube demonstrating this bypass.

Return to Bypassing