FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

kwikset smart key bypass

<<

thelockoutguys

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:25 pm

kwikset smart key bypass

any locksmiths on here using smart key bypass tools.. watched some videos on this tool.. works way too easy on the lever style and opens the deadbolts after you drill a smaoll hole on the face of the lock then insert..we all know they can be forced open easily but are useless to rekey afterwords..but looking at these new methods where they do not damage them...I do have the list to make the 32 and 100 key tryout sets for the smart key but have been lazy to cut them ...but ill get around to it..anyone using the tryout sets for these...i heard the 32 keys set only works on some of the older ones?? heres a link for one of the tools i saw in action http://shop.bblocksmith.com/product.sc? ... roductId=3
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:40 pm

Re: kwikset smart key bypass

The new smart key uses a higher quality of metal for most of the parts, and has a new sidebar design. The possible key combinations have also been increased to allow for a better integration of old kwikset keys into new systems... that means that the 32 key try out sets which rely on tolerance gaps should be much less effective. I've seen videos of clumsy attempts with the force tool, that have led to a busted tool. It can still possibly be used, but shouldn't leave a lock operational with the operating key. This also limits the force tools life span to a level which doesn't justify it's high cost IMHO.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:03 pm

thelockoutguys wrote:any locksmiths on here using smart key bypass tools.. watched some videos on this tool.. works way too easy on the lever style and opens the deadbolts after you drill a smaoll hole on the face of the lock then insert..we all know they can be forced open easily but are useless to rekey afterwords..but looking at these new methods where they do not damage them...I do have the list to make the 32 and 100 key tryout sets for the smart key but have been lazy to cut them ...but ill get around to it..anyone using the tryout sets for these...i heard the 32 keys set only works on some of the older ones?? heres a link for one of the tools i saw in action http://shop.bblocksmith.com/product.sc? ... roductId=3

I haven't seen this bypass tool for these locks yet, how does it work??
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

thelockoutguys

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:19 pm

well the bypass methods that ive tryed USUALLY leave the lock functional but the rekey feature disabled for good..so the lock is still damaged..like i said the lock usually works but there is always a chance of damage..but the methods with that bypass tool it leaves the locks and the rekey still funtional...and you could easily make something like that tool with some old picks or experiment with something..
<<

lockinabox

Post Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:45 pm

thelockoutguys wrote:any locksmiths on here using smart key bypass tools.. watched some videos on this tool.. works way too easy on the lever style and opens the deadbolts after you drill a smaoll hole on the face of the lock then insert..we all know they can be forced open easily but are useless to rekey afterwords..but looking at these new methods where they do not damage them...I do have the list to make the 32 and 100 key tryout sets for the smart key but have been lazy to cut them ...but ill get around to it..anyone using the tryout sets for these...i heard the 32 keys set only works on some of the older ones?? heres a link for one of the tools i saw in action http://shop.bblocksmith.com/product.sc? ... roductId=3

The nondestructive bypass is simply a strong blank with all the cuts to #3 with a handle so you can get some torque. Vice grips would work as well.

They changed some parts of the lock, so I am not sure it would still work.
I have a gift for you!
<<

thelockoutguys

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:49 pm

lockinabox...Most of the time doing using force on the keyway to turn lets you use the original key again but it usually leaves the rekey feature useless. And yes supposedly on the smartkey locks that are now undeway have been fixed to cure that problem.. So back to using the large set of tryout keys for these !! or bypass tools
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:03 pm

I got to watch a video of the bypass techniques also, I have to say it seems to be real easy, granted I have not even messed with one of these locks, I feel confident I could bypass any of them after seeing the methods. Also I think if you took a real good lockpicker like some of the members here, they might not even have to bypass them or break them, people have picked these, I believe if somebody practiced alot picking would be a good non destructive method.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

bide

Post Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:20 pm

Due to the technology used on the cylinders (remember U-Change?), picking is almost rendered useless. Decoding is the most effective way to defeat these locks. Bumping does not help you either, or so I have heard.
<<

Jimmy-slim-smith

Familiar Face

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:55 am

Where is this video of the tool in action,

Bide,
you said picking is almost rendered useless........are you kidding me?
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:01 pm

Send thelockoutguys a P.M. Jimmy, he has or had some interesting stuff on these, you will be amazed on how easy they really are.

Return to Bypassing